1 Series wheels fitment guide

Mockngbrd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if posted before but just a thought to the 1 series peeps, who seem to think 1 series wheels are hard to find. Was just doing some online research and came up with the specs

1 Series E87 (i'm assuming model variations are similar):
PCD: 5 x 120
Offset: 35 - 45
Bore: 72.6

3 Series E36

3 Series E46

3 Series E90

Quite similar specs no?

Of course due care must be taken when fitting the wheels/tyres.

Here's a 1 Series coupe running on E46 wheels
attachment.php

Re: 1 Series wheels fitment guide

I don't think an offset of +35 would work on a 1 series. Maybe in the front, but it'll definitely rub in the back. For the coupes at least.

Those above specs are incomplete without knowing the widths of the wheels.

Eg e46 front can take 8.5J with 35 offset at max
But 1-er can't.

bros....what abt X1 ? dont see any specs around.
Anyone can advise?

personal experience without major body work or milling of rims ideal offsets for e82 -

frt - 18x8 offset 35-45 / 18x8.5 offset 35-45 / 19x8 offset 35-45 / 19x8.5 offset 35-45

rr - 18.8.5 offset 45 / 18x9 offset 50 / 19x8.5 offset 45 minimum / 19x9 offset 50

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi peeps, am driving a 125i and have just changed rims but experienced rubbing at the rear fenders.

Just to check if any of our brothers here drives a 125i and had their rear fenders rolled ? I felt the inner rears and they were much thicker than my previous ride. Any help is appreciated !

shawn1805;682421 said:
Hi peeps, am driving a 125i and have just changed rims but experienced rubbing at the rear fenders.

Just to check if any of our brothers here drives a 125i and had their rear fenders rolled ? I felt the inner rears and they were much thicker than my previous ride. Any help is appreciated !
W/o giving size of wheel & tyre, it is hard to help.

oh bro, am asking if the rear fenders of 125i can be rolled, casue rears seemed to be way thivker than my previous ride. Rims size is 18 x 9jj ET 38 :)

I was searching high and lows for rims a couple of weeks back.. and I have to say that the PERFECT fitment is hard to find..

Was deciding between VMR VB3 or the Advan RZ.

VMR VB3 in 18" 8.5 ET 40 front and 9.5 45 rear.. Unless you are not running staggered. If not this set-up will rub, i was told.

The ONLY perfect fitment i can find is the Advan RZ. Where they made the perfect offset and width just for the 1er.. Machaim i advertising for them... waha.. i'm guessing BBS or someother higher brands will have but my research only stops at advan.... budget...

Perfect fitment for the 1er for 18" (benchmark 130i on Advan RZ)
Front 8" ET 45
Rear 9" ET 50

That said, maybe my research was wrong..lol...

Prodrive new rims in 19" GC-012 is dame chio and i was told they have fitments for 1er if you want to run 19".

littleluki;683347 said:
I was searching high and lows for rims a couple of weeks back.. and I have to say that the PERFECT fitment is hard to find..

VMR VB3 in 18" 8.5 ET 40 front and 9.5 45 rear.. Unless you are not running staggered. If not this set-up will rub, i was told.

The ONLY perfect fitment i can find is the Advan RZ. Where they made the perfect offset and width just for the 1er.. Machaim i advertising for them... waha.. i'm guessing BBS or someother higher brands will have but my research only stops at advan.... budget...

Front 8" ET 45
Rear 9" ET 50

Prodrive new rims in 19" GC-012 is dame chio and i was told they have fitments for 1er if you want to run 19".

bro can i check where u found the gc012? im keen to get.. thanks.

littleluki;683347 said:

Front 8" ET 45
Rear 9" ET 50

It depends if you really want to be aggressive. VMR provides aggressive offset. The Advan RZ is perfect fitment with no rub but imo, I prefer VMR with:

Front : 8.5" ET45
Rear : 9.5" ET45 or 50

Bringing to thread back up. Since i still have my E36 wheels in storage and now that we have and E87 1 series in need of fresh new rubber. I decided to go ahead with my E36 wheels on the car (After a test-test fit at R2D). Here's the end result!

BBS RZ III
Offset 38
Width 8.5

PERFECT!!!!!!
P1160029_800.jpg

P1160049_800.jpg

As you can see, the fitment is pretty much right at the limit for the fronts, car has not been lowered. Tyres are 225/40/18s, not undersized tyres. No rubbing. No brobot mexican stance. I reckon it will still work on a mildly lowered car, but those on HELLAFLUSH YO STANCE! probably need to do some rolling.

P1160051_800.jpg

For the rears, there is still space. Maybe a 5mm spacer can flush it out nicely.

P1160045_800.jpg

So really, if there are still any E8x owners out there, i think you can give E36/E46 wheels a shot. Since there are so many of these wheels out there. The fitment is just right for our 1 hatch, on the E36/E46, these rims are not fully flushed yet, but on the 1 series, you can't go any wider on the fronts. Just do a test fit if you're still not sure.

Any recommended workshop to do computerised wheel alignment for f20?

Mockngbrd;929025 said:
Bringing to thread back up. Since i still have my E36 wheels in storage and now that we have and E87 1 series in need of fresh new rubber. I decided to go ahead with my E36 wheels on the car (After a test-test fit at R2D). Here's the end result!

BBS RZ III
Offset 38
Width 8.5

PERFECT!!!!!!
P1160029_800.jpg

P1160049_800.jpg

As you can see, the fitment is pretty much right at the limit for the fronts, car has not been lowered. Tyres are 225/40/18s, not undersized tyres. No rubbing. No brobot mexican stance. I reckon it will still work on a mildly lowered car, but those on HELLAFLUSH YO STANCE! probably need to do some rolling.

P1160051_800.jpg

For the rears, there is still space. Maybe a 5mm spacer can flush it out nicely.

P1160045_800.jpg

So really, if there are still any E8x owners out there, i think you can give E36/E46 wheels a shot. Since there are so many of these wheels out there. The fitment is just right for our 1 hatch, on the E36/E46, these rims are not fully flushed yet, but on the 1 series, you can't go any wider on the fronts. Just do a test fit if you're still not sure.

Damm, if i knew this info earlier my fronts would hv been custom to a et40 instead!

egg2;929132 said:
Damm, if i knew this info earlier my fronts would hv been custom to a et40 instead!

Yea, not too bad right? Means you can essentially grab those older gen BBS's and fit em on as long as they are not too wide. Looks awesome and the old BBS's will have a new home instead of getting scrapped. BBS FTW!!! 1 series fitment wheels not that hard to find after all?

Don't know about the F series ones tho.

Mockngbrd;929262 said:
Yea, not too bad right? Means you can essentially grab those older gen BBS's and fit em on as long as they are not too wide. Looks awesome and the old BBS's will have a new home instead of getting scrapped. BBS FTW!!! 1 series fitment wheels not that hard to find after all?

Don't know about the F series ones tho.

Going by ur BBS sizing, I could swop the current ET35's up front (& still be ~3.35mm less agressive than 8.5J/ET38) & try to run the ET45's on 15/20mm (which now equates to a ET30/25) proper spacers out back. Ideally ET25 would be best as both front & rear tracks should be extended out via the same dimensions to minimise diff in car handling setup.

Yup the idea of running spacers may not go down well with all. My take on them is fine if they're engineered to fit & not 1 size/type fit all kinda application. Been running proper spacers on previous rides. The only possible flip side is the wheel bearings have been known to fail earlier. (2 same rides: w spacer @ 80K kms, w/o spacer > 150K kms)

egg2;929304 said:
Going by ur BBS sizing, I could swop the current ET35's up front (& still be ~3.35mm less agressive than 8.5J/ET3
icon_cool.gif
& try to run the ET45's on 15/20mm (which now equates to a ET30/25) proper spacers out back. Ideally ET25 would be best as both front & rear tracks should be extended out via the same dimensions to minimise diff in car handling setup.

Yup the idea of running spacers may not go down well with all. My take on them is fine if they're engineered to fit & not 1 size/type fit all kinda application. Been running proper spacers on previous rides. The only possible flip side is the wheel bearings have been known to fail earlier. (2 same rides: w spacer @ 80K kms, w/o spacer > 150K kms)

Not too sure about that, i think the best way is to really just try it out with some test fitments

Here's another ET38 BBS, 19" on 1 series. Looks similarly flushed as mine.

89b37a87.jpg

More BBS'd 1 Hatches i just think looks cool
224_bbs_ch__bmw_1_series_e87.jpg

01.jpg

Guys i agree with brada Mockngbrd... Singapore are rather conservative in their wheel mods...
Even a BMW 120I in China did it...
front: 215/35R19 on 9J +30
rear: 245/30R19 on 10.5J +20
View attachment 44732

The china 120 rear looks seriously camber-ed; tire wear should b a bit*h.
Sure rub w/o this kinda camber settings.
Super euro styled w a 245 wrapping 10.5" wide rim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back