135i beats M3 in drag race

Re: 135i beats M3 in drag race

Thanks Mockingbird for posting the clip, that was the one that went missing from my post.

Don't think the drivers tried very hard in the German cars.

imagine if the 135 is juiced, what will the result be?

stretch another 300m and the result flips....

TripleM;331502 said:
stretch another 300m and the result flips....

+1. No replacement for displacement. Low end torque in the lighter 135i will outlive higher revs in the M3 only in short sprint. Once you have more space, the M3 will outdo the 135i.

elmariachi;331505 said:
+1. No replacement for displacement. Low end torque in the lighter 135i will outlive higher revs in the M3 only in short sprint. Once you have more space, the M3 will outdo the 135i.
as far as straightline is concerned the 135 will outpull the M3 as long as it has revs. Displacement is merely the indication of the volume of the cylinders, but power is a function of the rate of processing air. Forced induction more than perfectly takes care of the lack of displacement.

The 135 does not have the M3's revs, if it did, it will outpull the M3 as long as it efficiently handles the boost.

Actually if you watch the last part of the episode of Best Motoring where these clips are taken from (just before the credits), there is a rematch of the 135i vs E92 M3 and the M3 won. Can't figure out what the drivers were saying though.....

centurion;331548 said:
as far as straightline is concerned the 135 will outpull the M3 as long as it has revs. Displacement is merely the indication of the volume of the cylinders, but power is a function of the rate of processing air. Forced induction more than perfectly takes care of the lack of displacement.

The 135 does not have the M3's revs, if it did, it will outpull the M3 as long as it efficiently handles the boost.

Ding ding ding! Very true. Power is power.. just a matter of creating it reliably in delivering it so that the driver can control it on a given course. There are always options when targetting a certain level of performance. Different constraints will lead to the selection of different options, so there isn't really a rule.. mostly case by case...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet77blog1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back