1Series coolant tank

Ibmpaul

Sad get to know there is some problem with my 1Series coolant tank after my 3rd services. Tomorrow will go for the replacement.
Refer from pro advice there is quite a number of 1Series causing this problem due to the car engine too hot causing coolant tank water decrease.
Well, tomorrow when I go there see still have any warranty or not.

Re: 1Series coolant tank

Why is your engine so hot in the first place would be a question for them .....

Ibmpaul;1025507 said:
Sad get to know there is some problem with my 1Series coolant tank after my 3rd services. Tomorrow will go for the replacement.
Refer from pro advice there is quite a number of 1Series causing this problem due to the car engine too hot causing coolant tank water decrease.
Well, tomorrow when I go there see still have any warranty or not.

For non-TC BMW, the usual temp is 100 deg. For TC, i don't know. What is too hot temp?

The coolant level decreased is normal. Just send back to PML or MA. Dun expect them to change anything. What they will do is just topping up the coolant only.

Dear brother, worth for me and the other 1Series (3D) brother to wait. Both of us causing the same problem. We watch the pro solved the problem and they explained to us what happen, finally the whole set of coolant tank was replace perfectly with warranty @ Juzz for Car.
We bought our beloved 1Series @ Exodus. Next round if I want to change car, I definitely will go for Exodus again. Not only good price, lot of extra parts & most important thing was the promised.
Happy go lucky. Yes... (^^,)

Red_Bean_Bun;1026049 said:
What was the problem ?

Bro RedBean, our baby 1 coolant tank content of 2 sensors, one is inside the coolant tank & another one at outside. Mine the water decrease due to broken pipe & the sensor doesn't shown. Luckily they notice my coolant tank sensor error, if not I'll be overhaul in the middle of the road. Juzz for Car really did the great job.

I've had the coolant reservoir & sensor (after about 6 months of ownership) and a cooling system hose (after about 1 yr of ownership) replaced. Its been about 17 months of ownership now and its fine.

Affirmative had the same prob for some time, but got the prob rectified by changing the coolant reservoir and sensor. Now not a prob anymore

Just drove to Fraser Hills and back total 1000km... no signs of low coolant. Current mileage 17000km....
My previous WRX water temp usually 80 to 90, till 6 yrs started to leak slightly then replace new radiator.

how was the Fraser Hills drive up with the boys?

chesterchong;1052417 said:
how was the Fraser Hills drive up with the boys?

Wonderful experience, looking fwd to join in again..But the "plastic turbo pipe" issue has to resolved. One of our m135 guy was down with this and has to return sg on the 2nd day :)

meatypie;1052455 said:
oh dear. sad to hear. car managed to limp back or they towed it?

Sorry OT, yes became a 3L NA car.No Turbo power. Heard this is comon fault in N55 1series.

Just changed my faulty coolant sensor and cracked coolant tank last week after fault message came up on i drive screen. 1 day job at Kampong Arang PML.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88rsvp

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back