1st GruppeM Powered E46 Valve in The Philippines

TheWhiteCometOfMakati

After months of surfing the net and waiting, we now have the first GruppeM Valvetroinc in the Philippines!

The look is just amazing and it is a gem to behold once it is seated in the engine bay. The fit and finish is just simply amazing, it seems like its OEM.

In the same day, I also bought and installed a SuperSprint 80mm twin stainless exhaust system. To add to my tuning lust and the desire to add more power... and noise :)

Now my reviews on the GruppeM and SuperSprint Combi:

Pros:
1. Revving is so much snappier through the higher torque range
2. Less power drop between shifting gears
3. Faster acceleration through 3rd, 4th, and fifth gears
4. The SOUND that commands presence
5. The noise on both the intake and exhaust only come screaming if the throttle is suddenly tapped, and there is no droning of the sound in either the intake or the exhaust side during relaxed driving

Cons:
1. Low torque (1000-2500rpm) has suffered a lot, its like experiencing a really bad turbo lag
2. When throttle is floored within the 1000-2000rpm range, it makes all the growl but no power, power only begins to kick in above 2,500 - hence lots of noise but no neck snapping acceleration below 2500, but then again, I'm on a 4 banger :(
3. Kinda costly, i burned a hole in my pocket and it left me with some scars --- Financial scars that is. Broke, but no debts. Time will heal it.

Well there you have it, my personal account of my great weekend with my new mods. Next up... SUSPENSION tuning!

Thanks for the time guys and maybe other fellow Valvetronic drivers here can also share your experiences!

ps- Thanks to Wilman for all the help and guiding me through will all my GruppeM queries!

Re: 1st GruppeM Powered E46 Valve in The Philippines

Congrats bro!!!

Looking good!!! kekekeke

Enjoy your new mods!!

Time to look at handling mods..... ;p

'The Great White'

Wilson - THANKS FOR ALL THE HEADS UP BUDDY! You are right on the sound, it is to die for indeed!

Mikey - Sure buddy, I'll be glad to help :) You are going to be the third guy to approach me since I got it installed over the weekend! Thank God they rolled back the fuel prices, i've been finding more and more reasons to just drive! Dude this will go perfectly with your MSport!

Well done...

Can't wait for mine to come...

Saturday !!!!

TheWhiteCometOfMakati said:
After months of surfing the net and waiting, we now have the first GruppeM Valvetroinc in the Philippines!

The look is just amazing and it is a gem to behold once it is seated in the engine bay. The fit and finish is just simply amazing, it seems like its OEM.

In the same day, I also bought and installed a SuperSprint 80mm twin stainless exhaust system. To add to my tuning lust and the desire to add more power... and noise :)

Now my reviews on the GruppeM and SuperSprint Combi:

Pros:
1. Revving is so much snappier through the higher torque range
2. Less power drop between shifting gears
3. Faster acceleration through 3rd, 4th, and fifth gears
4. The SOUND that commands presence
5. The noise on both the intake and exhaust only come screaming if the throttle is suddenly tapped, and there is no droning of the sound in either the intake or the exhaust side during relaxed driving

Cons:
1. Low torque (1000-2500rpm) has suffered a lot, its like experiencing a really bad turbo lag
2. When throttle is floored within the 1000-2000rpm range, it makes all the growl but no power, power only begins to kick in above 2,500 - hence lots of noise but no neck snapping acceleration below 2500, but then again, I'm on a 4 banger :(
3. Kinda costly, i burned a hole in my pocket and it left me with some scars --- Financial scars that is. Broke, but no debts. Time will heal it.

Well there you have it, my personal account of my great weekend with my new mods. Next up... SUSPENSION tuning!

Thanks for the time guys and maybe other fellow Valvetronic drivers here can also share your experiences!

ps- Thanks to Wilman for all the help and guiding me through will all my GruppeM queries!

Congrats on being the first in the Philippines to get that installed! One of the best mod, IMO.. :inlove:

Nice. Congratulations, bro !!!

Wil
Come on mate, make me the 1st one to have that intake in the 3.0L E85 oso can ? kekeke...

TripleM said:
Wil
Come on mate, make me the 1st one to have that intake in the 3.0L E85 oso can ? kekeke...

Sure bro!!

Soon.......

:lol2:

'Clan Master'

rex7_vtec said:
Muahahaha first spot taken liao :)

Me the first , coz i ordered 3mths ago so that still counted.................. :whipper:

HAHA!! Thanks for all the compliments my new BMW SG friends!

All of you were right about it being "THE BEST" mod for the money! I've been playing around with the throttle almost everyday just to get that moment of ROAR from this sweet system... ITS ORGASMIC!!! But the party dies down when i see my gas meter slowly creep to 1/4 tank... No worries... Load the tank, kiss your weekly budget on gas goodbye, AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL AGAIN FOR ANOTHER 20-30 MINS OF ROARING AROUND THE EVENING STREETS!

rex7_vtec said:
Hehehe if talk about order, then mine was done in early March :woottt:
wah... you got Z4 ah?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi