2006 320i Gear Change Jerk

nuk

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my positive experience at R2D.
Been having jerk problems over a few months and it finally got so bad that I could no longer anticipate the erratic gear jumps.

Sent the car to Rod, and he managed to pinpoint the issue sharply and fix the solenoids.
Gear-change is smooth and car has been driving great ever since! So do drop by Doctor Rod, in case you get various mis-diagnoses at other workshops.

Re: 2006 320i Gear Change Jerk

I have this problem too.Mind sharing how much it cost?

Can share the cost too? Thanks!

Hi my first post! I too experience a slight gear jerk on the 2nd gear, esp on full load. Is it a similar problem? Of are your gear jerks bad throughout the entire gear changes?

nuk;868007 said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my positive experience at R2D.
Been having jerk problems over a few months and it finally got so bad that I could no longer anticipate the erratic gear jumps.

Sent the car to Rod, and he managed to pinpoint the issue sharply and fix the solenoids.
Gear-change is smooth and car has been driving great ever since! So do drop by Doctor Rod, in case you get various mis-diagnoses at other workshops.

Pls PM me bro

Thanks

Drazoq;872100 said:
Hi my first post! I too experience a slight gear jerk on the 2nd gear, esp on full load. Is it a similar problem? Of are your gear jerks bad throughout the entire gear changes?

yes the jerks were subtlety bad enough to ruin the driving experience. after changing the mechatronic solenoids (pardon me if i get the technical terms wrong),so far so good, no more jerks at all.

At first i didnt want to fix it too, but it kept getting worse so i just gave up and fixed the solenoid parts. i was convinced to change the mechatronics because the jerks felt as if they will spoil the gearbox n clutches in the mid-long term. So took the dive to fix this first before it ruins my gearbox further.

Not sure if i can reveal this, but just wanted to help those with similar issues, R2D charged $1800 for this repair (labour n new parts).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5i9betcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back