2012 M5 Test on Sat

Re: 2012 M5 Test on Sat

clar;736120 said:
Maybe u wanna share your views?

I love the way the M5 drives , the V8 mechanical sound is damn addictive it gets louder as the rpm climbs and the torque is fantastic esp when u upshift to 3rd from 2nd gear man I am sold by the way it drives . The comfort mode is quite relaxing , but M1 and M2 is the mode to drive hahaha

I am so tempted but what holding me back is the interior choices is so limited. Only 3 colours lol. And it cannot be compare to the looks and interior of the maserati GT it make the M5 interior look like cheap jap leather. The sound and looks welse maserati beat the shit out of it but power M5 is the one to beat .

Looks like It depends on whether MA or Hong Seng can give me a better deal now.

Cheerios

Last edited by a moderator:

I had the rare chance to test the MC Stradale sometime back when it was launched. IMHO, the throaty exhaust (stock) of Maser is hard to beat... very raw and beastly..

M5 on the other hand, gives a more refine feel to it, perhaps due to the inherent nature of the suspension and build.

If I could, Stradale as weekend blast and M5 for everyday would be nice. :)

Different categories of cars. I would think one would compare the M5 against the Quattroporte.

True. Totally agree!

clar;736147 said:
Different categories of cars. I would think one would compare the M5 against the Quattroporte.
definitely the M5 looks better than the Quattroporte, but the interior and exhaust still Quattroporte 4.7 wins.

hahah

Reeve, the Maser GT's interior is better than the M5's in looks or quality?

Reeve;736179 said:
definitely the M5 looks better than the Quattroporte, but the interior and exhaust still Quattroporte 4.7 wins.

hahah

Yeah, M5 vs Quattroporte is like Jessica Alba vs Susan Boyle. We all know the latter has a golden voice :p

kenntona;736247 said:
Reeve, the Maser GT's interior is better than the M5's in looks or quality?

I saw my FG M5 at Munich 2 days ago pending registration and LTA homologation. If i were to do it again, i would prob order it in full leather. That makes a huge difference and lends an exotic and premium touch to the whole interior. The interior trim quality however, is beyond reproach. One must be nit picking to find fault with it.

clar;736284 said:
Yeah, M5 vs Quattroporte is like Jessica Alba vs Susan Boyle. We all know the latter has a golden voice :p

Beyonce vs Mariah Carey la.... both have score high for their respective audiences and genres! But one has a voice that can do a wider range of notes.

thank you in advance.

clar;736287 said:
I saw my FG M5 at Munich 2 days ago pending registration and LTA homologation. If i were to do it again, i would prob order it in full leather. That makes a huge difference and lends an exotic and premium touch to the whole interior. The interior trim quality however, is beyond reproach. One must be nit picking to find fault with it.

Clar,

You mean u didnt order full leather in what regard? Seats, trimmings?

T6;736622 said:
Clar,

You mean u didnt order full leather in what regard? Seats, trimmings?

The standard car from Munich comes with leather seats, but not the entire car like on the dash, glove compartment, door panels, etc... I was told the full leather option cost around $20+k. Shawn advised against it for good reason. There are only 3 interior colours to choose from and mine is Sakhir orange. If i had ordered full leather, it would become too orangy and bright. There's only Sakhir orange, Silverstone, and black for interior leather colours. If i go full leather, i would prob have to go Individual if it's available.

They told me the same thing , only limited to 3 colours of leather . It ridiclous when they are selling so high price but limited selection not to mentioned half leather interiors.. And 20k option is on the high side.

In previous 335i cab from PML I got full leather wIithout any top up . And there is no wood or alum panel for the gearknob and idrive area too

I guessed that one of the reasons the OMV is so low for M5

Anyone know how big is the Oil cooler in the M5 ?

Terry;736749 said:
Reeve , join www.maseratilife.com

go to singapore owners thread...come to meetup... u will ditch the M5...

yes i am BIAS[/QUOTE thanks for the inv, I read there is a super charger kit for MC stradle from KBS that make it 650bhp anyone in the club done this ? Any problems

Cheerios ]

Here's some crappy pics of the car taken from my phone under low light.

I was planning to spray the chrome bits to body color but doesn't look so bad on the FG for some strange reason, but disturbs me quite a bit on non matt colors.

clar;737054 said:
Here's some crappy pics of the car taken from my phone under low light.
very nice colour !!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwinyoga

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back