2012 Premium SG MY Road Map Update

mohankls

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading to the above for my CIC idrive.

I'm wondering if anyone who has updated theirs can advice if the traffic alerts are part of this upgrade? ie: will traffic jams, road closures etc be shown in the Sat Nav?

Reason being: for F10s, there's a dedicated button for TA (Traffic Alerts)..but mine is a E92 & does not have his button.

If its just updating the latest maps etc, then paying $800 + doesnt seem very wise in my opinion...

Any advice will be much apppreciated.

Re: 2012 Premium SG MY Road Map Update

Bro ... I have done my upgrade at soundwerkz and I am able to receive traffic updates by pressing the .TP button... I am driving a F12

omshks;825225 said:
Bro ... I have done my upgrade at soundwerkz and I am able to receive traffic updates by pressing the .TP button... I am driving a F12

Thanks...but my E92 doesnt have a TP button..

That's why im wondering if the traffic alerts will be a feature as well.

bro, my F10 don't have traffic update button leh ... where is it ah?

PML recently quoted me $740 nett for 2012 map undate for my FL E90 with CIC iDrive. It used to be $800+. I am still considering whether to do the upgrade when I send my car for servicing in a few months' time. I was told I need to order in advance for Germany to send them the code to unlock the software.

my E90 LCI M3 updated at soundwerks has traffic alerts but... not very helpful la...

jaskin;825363 said:
my E90 LCI M3 updated at soundwerks has traffic alerts but... not very helpful la...

I've only had it for less than a week but have found that if turn on the traffic info and look at the hotspots BEFORE you set off it sometimes helps. The slow downs are marked on the 2D maps in various colors and you can try to avoid these roads if you have reasonable alternatives. You can use the idrive dial to zoom in and out. You can't really see the markings on the 3D perspective map. It's mainly to look cool unless you're using the guidance.

I am sure the guidance can route u to avoid the hotspots but nobody uses the guidance for going home from the office (except the first week after you collected your car :D)

I used it a few times but the hotspots info tends to be outdated. Unless its rush hour where all the exclaimation marks are probably accurate.

Willykwa;826737 said:
Hi.

How do you enter Postal code for destination search?

Thank you

Unfortunately, can't... Only can narrow down by choosing Singapore, location, n unit number....:D

its already alot better than my '05 335 iDrive... that was terok.

pReTeNd3r;826918 said:
Unfortunately, can't... Only can narrow down by choosing Singapore, location, n unit number....:D

Thanks for the fast reply.. thats so sad .. and many unit does not exist? Both my Home and Office don't exist.. I have to use the interactive map method to store... :(

Thanks for the update. If there is so much missing info, then there is no point in updating the map for $740. We can always supplement it with the google map on our smartphones.

ktnpl;827248 said:
Thanks for the update. If there is so much missing info, then there is no point in updating the map for $740. We can always supplement it with the google map on our smartphones.
Some ppl says that drive BMW but use google map. Bo sart le!!:lol:

Honestly, i feel the upgrade seems like 'paying too much for little enhancement'...

my humble opinion...decided against it...

Keeping $$$ for other small 'additions' perhaps..

The upgrade to 2012 maps give u 3D view and also traffic info... the 2009 maps does not have these features ... I still feel it is a good upgrade for that fee... with bow online, I now get Google local search integrated onto my navi ... so even better...

My current 2010 version also has 3D option...is that the same?

Anyone has both versions compared?

Curious...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gg777orgph

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back