22 yo single drives BMW = potential madman?

Re: 22 yo single drives BMW = potential madman?

Drive 318 slow like turtle less potential...however when the driver is mad, qq aso dangerous

What has that got to do with a BMW? This post shouts attention!

The young chap had uploaded a number of videos in recent months about his loneliness and frustration over women not wanting him despite his BMW, $300 sunglasses and nice clothing.

It is pathetic to think that women would pick a man (for sex or for love) based on cars.

The Shitty Times also played up the "Malaysian" connection in this madman's shooting rampage. Tabloid fodder.

wobbles said:
The Shitty Times also played up the "Malaysian" connection in this madman's shooting rampage. Tabloid fodder.

Which day was this "played up" article?

kenntona;1085653 said:
Which day was this "played up" article?

Online: 26 May. See if this link works: HERE, or this one: HERE.

Just like how being Caucasian and cursed with bad body odour's got nothing to do with bad cycling/road manners, why should having a Malaysian connection have anything to do with a Bimmer driver going on a shooting rampage. Or for that matter, what's the BMW gotta do with anything? Poor car.

wobbles said:
Online: 26 May. See if this link works: HERE, or this one: HERE.

Just like how being Caucasian and cursed with bad body odour's got nothing to do with bad cycling/road manners, why should having a Malaysian connection have anything to do with a Bimmer driver going on a shooting rampage. Or for that matter, what's the BMW gotta do with anything? Poor car.

Errr, I read and read but could not find any NEGATIVE (or POSITIVE) connotations from the Malaysian linkage within those reports.

As with him driving a BMW during the shooting. The reports sound more factual than smearing on the marque.

Care to explain?

Hmm.. the chap seemed to honestly lack insight about why girls rejected him, or maybe he just kept going after the wrong ones.
Indeed pathetic to think that women would pick men based on cars, and in an ideal world that shouldn't happen, but it still does..

kenntona;1085656 said:
Errr, I read and read but could not find any NEGATIVE (or POSITIVE) connotations from the Malaysian linkage within those reports.

As with him driving a BMW during the shooting. The reports sound more factual than smearing on the marque.

Care to explain?

While I found the contents factual, the headlines "Malaysian links" (at least to me, YMMV) were more sensationalistic than necessary.

Another point: "Driving in a black BMW, he allegedly began shooting at people in the beach-side community where many college students live." Why not just report: "Driving in his car/vehicle..."

You reckon? (yes, it's a slow Tuesday morning at the office)

Talk about madman... this other incident is really bad for mankind!

wobbles said:
While I found the contents factual, the headlines "Malaysian links" (at least to me, YMMV) were more sensationalistic than necessary.

Both reports are sourced from Malaysian journalists. It appears to associate a long-distance shooting spree to the native Malaysia. That's all. Perhaps for press sensationalism but this happens across the world in all media, not limited to Singapore, or Malaysia.

I still do not see any NEGATIVE connotation in this Malaysian association to the killer, attempted or actual, as you suggested, by the reports.

Are you saying that the Malaysian papers smearing themselves by linking the killer to Malaysian parentage?

wobbles said:
Another point: "Driving in a black BMW, he allegedly began shooting at people in the beach-side community where many college students live." Why not just report: "Driving in his car/vehicle..."

You reckon? (yes, it's a slow Tuesday morning at the office)

Errr, again, I think you took things out of context and interpret it with selective bias. In many other reports in the US, the marques are Ford, Chevy, GMC...... For instance, the media reported OJ Simpson's escape in his Ford SUV.......

I don't recall commenting on or suggesting any NEGATIVE connotations whatsoever. I merely thought that the Shitty Times sensationalised (in my opinion) their headlines (perhaps somewhat unnecessarily). Did your own selection bias cause you to misinterpret my earlier comment? Or is your Tuesday as WOLS as mine at work? :lol2:

wobbles said:
I don't recall commenting on or suggesting any NEGATIVE connotations whatsoever. I merely thought that the Shitty Times sensationalised (in my opinion) their headlines (perhaps somewhat unnecessarily). Did your own selection bias cause you to misinterpret my earlier comment? Or is your Tuesday as WOLS as mine at work?

You used words like "played up" and "tabloid" leh !!!

I dunno about you, I wouldn't bother to read tabloids !!!

I don't like the local media, but I don't whack anything and everything blindly.

kenntona;1085667 said:
You used words like "played up" and "tabloid" leh !!!

I dunno about you, I wouldn't bother to read tabloids !!!

I don't like the local media, but I don't whack anything and everything blindly.

I feel PM Lee shd resign...

22 yo single drives BMW = potential madman?

Sorry guys, what's this thread about huh?

For me, XMM taking bus or XMM driving 318.... a XMM is a XMM regardless of the car, or clothes she wears (or don't wear....)

*runs away

ccc;1085466 said:
Drive 318 slow like turtle less potential...however when the driver is mad, qq aso dangerous

seanskye;1085677 said:
Sorry guys, what's this thread about huh?

For me, XMM taking bus or XMM driving 318.... a XMM is a XMM regardless of the car.......

Agree on that, a madman is a madman on any wheels.

However, no madman will ever be madder than the driver below.

View attachment 61467

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups