3 Series Servicing

Hi All,

Went down to have a look at the 320 professional series today. I must say its a beautiful car...Currently going at $139K.

The SE told me that there is not standard interval required for servicing..meaning one do not have to necessarily bring in the car for service at 20K, 30K, etc. It's dependent on the condition of the car...?

Can anyone enlighten and typically how much does the servicing cost ? Many Thanks

Re: 3 Series Servicing

i think he meant something like that.

For oil changes, the car is preset with 25,000km limit. You can service once it hits this limit or the 1st year, which ever comes first.
Else, you can bring the car in when a problem arise.

Havent been back to PML for service for sometime already so kind of forgotten already. But expect a minimum of $150-200 for a simple service(oil change). There is also the service inspection 1 and 2 which costs more.

THis is gotten off the PML site for a rough guide of maintenance of the 3 series
BMW Model /Year Manufactured /(A) Oil Service with safety check /(B) Inspection I /(C) Inspection II
318i - 330i (M43/N42) /1997 - current /$250 - $350 /$390 - $600 /$530 - $700

u can do oil change at BVO/J4C too duirng the 3 year warranty period right?

xuexun;243089 said:
For oil changes, the car is preset with 25,000km limit.

does many of u change oil more often at say 12.5k km. someone mechanic told me by right most synthetic motor oils only should last 10k km or so.

ya, its usage dependent. btw, mine's reading "29k, Oct 07" to servicing, would very likely do it when mileage is 25k since its long lasting engine oil right? hahaha

Anyone has changed the engine lube at 2500km? Am thinking of changing after runing in but is it necessary?

If you want to change engine oil earlier, i'm sure its okay, keeps the oil system fresh and clean.

I have a colleague who changes his E90's engine oil on his own every 5,000km (even though the car tells him only need to change at 15,000+ km), i guess its a habit he got from his previous car which was an Evo. :)

Changed mine after run-in at 2,500km and then the next one at 10,000km. The 3rd oil change will be right when the service internal indicator comes up! :)

you better do it at 2.5k. That oil change gets out all the metal from run in

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23winfarm

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back