3 year warranty from PML

kelchar

Can someone help provide definition of the 3 year warranty of new cars from PML? I was told by PML in 3rd year of warranty, not every part can be replaced FOC if faulty. Is it true?? I currently also have the 3 year maintenance package which is still active.

Appreciate your help on this please.

Re: 3 year warranty from PML

Well from an industry standpoint and view. part that are ware and tear are not covered by warranty
like drive belt, timing belt, shaft.tyres..etc..

Anyone knows where the head unit can play MP3? If not, any solution? I don't wish to buy the Ipod connector.

Thanks

Anyone knows where the head unit can play MP3? If not, any solution? I don't wish to buy the Ipod connector.

Thanks

tlkchew;444032 said:
Well from an industry standpoint and view. part that are ware and tear are not covered by warranty
like drive belt, timing belt, shaft.tyres..etc..
To PML, every dammed thing is wear and tear and hence not covered

there is a booklet provided during the handover that spells clearly the warranty definition. if not the service department has a copy. it defines what are covered in the first year to third year and what are not...
sorry don't have it on hand.. can't reproduce here..

achee;446245 said:
To PML, every dammed thing is wear and tear and hence not covered

LOL!!! its pretty much the same for every car make in singapore. where there are no consumer rights :)
They want to earn money from spares

Having driven a Benz and BMW, PML is much better than C&C in terms of warranty claims. I had everything replaced by PML which includes suspension, seatbelts, steering wheel, armrest, gearbox gaskets, wiper etc. During my Benz days, I had to pay for the insulation mat under the bonnet, gaskets, suspension during the warranty period...

service package is different for warranty of the car. service pack will replace wear and tear parts e.g engine oil, oil filter, air filter, brake pad, rotor, wiper rubber, etc. doesn't not replace faulty parts. faulty parts its under warranty claims. e.g. central lock BOOMZ, warranty, no matter how many its spoiled within warranty it will be repair and replace for free. oil leak on the heads, gasket and whatever needed to fixed that problem will be done by PML.

yes the 3rd year is cover by PML. mainly engine, chassis will be covered by BMW for the 1st 2 yrs than 3 yr is by PML.

320i;488220 said:
Having driven a Benz and BMW, PML is much better than C&C in terms of warranty claims. I had everything replaced by PML which includes suspension, seatbelts, steering wheel, armrest, gearbox gaskets, wiper etc. During my Benz days, I had to pay for the insulation mat under the bonnet, gaskets, suspension during the warranty period...

Cannot agree more with you.

In the 3-years of warranty, I have had the following replaced by PML FOC:

- The whole air cond tubings and evaporator
- Front shock absorbers (although this can be argued as wear and tear)
- The whole rack and pinion sub-assembly
- Left wing mirror motor
- Water pumps for front and rear windscreen washers
- Interior plastics around windows control buttons (this can also be argued as wear and tear)
- Plastic center hub of steering wheel (again, wear and tear item)

Don't you guys feel puzzled the number of significant parts that are faulty and need to be replaced for a 2 to 3 year old 'luxury' car? Many of the humble Jap cars were totally problem free for the 1st 4 years

achee;488325 said:
Don't you guys feel puzzled the number of significant parts that are faulty and need to be replaced for a 2 to 3 year old 'luxury' car? Many of the humble Jap cars were totally problem free for the 1st 4 years
thats the price u pay for a technically superior car. teething problems are unavoidable when a car gets more technical. conti cars tend to have more movable parts, hence more prone to wear and tear

+1

that's the general perception on jap cars and personally i agree to that. my previous mazda6 for 4 years was trouble free :)

achee;488325 said:

Slater;488331 said:
thats the price u pay for a technically superior car. teething problems are unavoidable when a car gets more technical. conti cars tend to have more movable parts, hence more prone to wear and tear
Acknowledging that our bimmers require more frequent replacement of 'major parts' , would u consider buying extended warranty for those whose 3-year warranty is over? Star Black has such plan and costs about $1K per annum.

achee;488396 said:
Acknowledging that our bimmers require more frequent replacement of 'major parts' , would u consider buying extended warranty for those whose 3-year warranty is over? Star Black has such plan and costs about $1K per annum.
heard about star blacks extended warranty over the usual 3 yrs or 60k. definitely worth going for t he 5 yrs warranty given that the premium is not much more.

how would u rate star blacks ability to handle bimmers for servicing and issues? any1?

How much is Star Black for five years? For my previous E46, I took up Kang Motor's warranty at $2300 for five years.

Kang Motors then buy insurace against my car, so they are not too fussy about replace parts. I changed several parts at between 4th and 5th year. 2004 E46. Changed whole radiator; power window motor, brake fluid pump and a few minor items. I changed so many parts until the insurance company sent their rep in to check my car before they approved the repairs.

MapleLeaf;488414 said:
How much is Star Black for five years? For my previous E46, I took up Kang Motor's warranty at $2300 for five years.

Kang Motors then buy insurace against my car, so they are not too fussy about replace parts. I changed several parts at between 4th and 5th year. 2004 E46. Changed whole radiator; power window motor, brake fluid pump and a few minor items. I changed so many parts until the insurance company sent their rep in to check my car before they approved the repairs.
Does Kang Motor's warranty cover air-con compressor? Understand Star Black covers every part except compressor. Heard a number of our forum bros changed their air-con compressors during warranty by PML

My Car was under warranty by Kang, so far any problems, they would change the parts no questions asked.
But i am apprehensive about sending my car to such a over busy workshop.
Coz it would lead them to rush things.
my engine cam shaft cover was cracked due to taking shortcuts and saving 40$ by re-using the cover gasket.
and ended up having to go to the workshop 3 days to get things sorted due to cost cutting.

further more, you would need to send their workshop for your regular servicing. they would not allow you to send it back to PML for servicing or anyone you trust to do the job for that matter.

Bro u mean if warranty by khang motor our servicing must go back to them?If not warranty will void? Cause I had a 1 year warranty with them.

tlkchew;488568 said:
My Car was under warranty by Kang, so far any problems, they would change the parts no questions asked.
But i am apprehensive about sending my car to such a over busy workshop.
Coz it would lead them to rush things.
my engine cam shaft cover was cracked due to taking shortcuts and saving 40$ by re-using the cover gasket.
and ended up having to go to the workshop 3 days to get things sorted due to cost cutting.

further more, you would need to send their workshop for your regular servicing. they would not allow you to send it back to PML for servicing or anyone you trust to do the job for that matter.

6363;489599 said:
Bro u mean if warranty by khang motor our servicing must go back to them?If not warranty will void? Cause I had a 1 year warranty with them.

yes you must go to any of their "authorised" workshop stated in the warranty brochure.
they wanted to void my warrenty when i changed the gasket. that was causing leak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
splaypage
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back