300 recruits affected by virus outbreak on Pulau Tekong

ipoh-horfun

ATTN C HOME!!

Some 300 recruits at the Basic Military Training Centre on Pulau Tekong came down with diarrhoea and vomiting last week.

The Ministry of Defence (Mindef) said that investigations found that it is likely due to a virus which can cause gastrointestinal upset. However, the Norovirus runs a self-limiting course and most of the affected soldiers recovered after one to two days.

Tests were done on cookhouse premises, food handlers as well as food and water at the centre but they were found not to be the source of the infection.

As a precautionary measure, common areas have been cleaned and disinfected and training within swimming pools put on hold temporarily. Commanders have also stressed the importance of maintaining personal hygiene to all recruits and staff at the centre.

Mindef said the Singapore Armed Forces will continue to monitor the situation closely and take all necessary measures to ensure the well-being of the soldiers.

Re: 300 recruits affected by virus outbreak on Pulau Tekong

Pls la Pulau Tekong is already a holiday resort...still attend C home kum lan

arh................xiong ley?

jonleeck said:
arh................xiong ley?

He is hensum. I help Meek say one.

wobbles;1038700 said:
He is hensum. I help Meek say one.

Thanks. He is.... but my favourite is still tony leung.

Tony+Leung+Chiu+wai+Red+Cliff+Part+2+Beijing+U7R8F-1j7GGx.jpg

At 51, he still looks boyish and still rocks.

aiya not from their cook house food..... then from where? They all got other choices of places to eat?

must be the combat ration.

Or the village bicycle...

Apparently, it's caused by dunno simi what sai (pardon the pun) norovirus (see HERE). I seem to recall something similar that happened to a school many years ago, it had to be closed down. Lucky buggers, no need to take exams, hahaha

Is SIngapore Food industries still the supplier ? Their char Kway teow is like rubber bands last time.

Red_Bean_Bun;1038749 said:
Is SIngapore Food industries still the supplier ? Their char Kway teow is like rubber bands last time.

Bro, better than the Chao Ah Beng cook with the ciggie dangling from the corner of his mouth that used to slap a gooey mess on our trays and say "Ai mai, mai sua".... :lol2:

The event is not caused by cookhouse food as other coys in the school was not affected. All the people that were affected came from the same Coy and thus they think that its from the water source in coy building.

in the times when they were still using NSF cooks, I once found flannelette in the chicken rice. i had hoped that it wasn't used to clean a rifle before...i still live to tell the tale, so i guess maybe not...

wobbles;1038750 said:
Bro, better than the Chao Ah Beng cook with the ciggie dangling from the corner of his mouth that used to slap a gooey mess on our trays and say "Ai mai, mai sua".... :lol2:

have to attend C home, boh i don't think they have enough toilets to manage 300 people shitting at the same time. toilets sure plugged.

MW;1038686 said:
Pls la Pulau Tekong is already a holiday resort...still attend C home kum lan

Pity the toilet i/c ......

meatypie;1038760 said:
have to attend C home, boh i don't think they have enough toilets to manage 300 people shitting at the same time. toilets sure plugged.

Thinking about the toilets, I instinctively reached for my Vicks inhaler & took a deep snort. It was either that, or pick up smoking. Since Vicks was cheaper, I stuck with the former :lol2:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back