318i Engine oil top up

yuxilim

Hi All there,
need help & advises.

I need to top up engine oil -- has fallen to the minimum mark. Wouldn't want to go to PML as their charges are damn ex.... Searched in the forum, there were recommendations for Mobil 10W40. Can I just top up into the engine oil compartment? Are there anything that I need to do? :confused:

Please advise newbie here.

Thanks v much ! :)

Re: 318i Engine oil top up

yuxilim;144730 said:
Hi All there,
need help & advises.

I need to top up engine oil -- has fallen to the minimum mark. Wouldn't want to go to PML as their charges are damn ex.... Searched in the forum, there were recommendations for Mobil 10W40. Can I just top up into the engine oil compartment? Are there anything that I need to do? :confused:

Please advise newbie here.

Thanks v much ! :)

Yes, you can do that. Just make sure you do not add too much. Pull out the dip stick to check the amount added is correct.

SL2, thx a lot ! I feel damn cheated by PML.. Sent car for service not very long back and engine oil top up was overlooked by workshop....

Hi Bro,

Yoc can also go to Eng Soon and get a bottle of the Engine Oil (BMW brand). That's what i did.

Cheers,

when I had my 318i SE for about 1 year, the same thing happened - the indicator warning lamp lighted. I was in overseas then and it was my wife using the car. she called the mobile emergency service to help her to top up the oil. After looking at the problem, the technician was kind enough to ask offer his suggestion of getting the oil from the petrol kiosk instead. in the end, she didn't pay anything more than a bottle of engine oil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win33link
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back