320 2002 noisy aircon compressor

lcchu

March 2002 320, milage 118K, compressor start to make spining noise especially during go/stop and when engine is at low rev. PM service consultant say the compressor is due to be replaced.

Out of warranty, any workshop specialized in BMW to recommand and the cost ?

Re: 320 2002 noisy aircon compressor

bro spining noise as in ? more description might help some expert bros here to identify closer to your prob.

btw to what i know, a compressor replacemant elsewhere would be est 800-1k.

hopefully its not the compressor prob

cheers

I encounter the problem too, PML have replaced the compressor around Mar this year but the problem still not solve until today. So don't waste your money changing compressor.

compressor will fail but maybe around 150k km... air con coil should go before it...

maybe it is not lubricated properly... try MarkCool at woodlands...

Thanks. I will contact MarkCool. Do you guy know how long the gear box may last ? 150K km ? PM guy say it may fail after 100K km !

mine had the same noisy sound that u describe.. after flushing out my old air con gas.. discovered it had half of wat it should have.. topping it up with fresh oil solved the problem.. not sure for how long but it has been behaving well for the past 3 months.. might be a slow leak from the cooiling coil.. until the leak becomes severe enuf then will replace the coil.. otherwise it's just a $30 solution.. cheers..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pluschassis6
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back