320i, front and rear door (interior) handle "peeling"

azteccam

hi all.

got a problem here, the is only 15 mths old, noticed (started) with front interior door pull handle was "flaking" or "peeling". asked PML, they hv no clue and seems like only me hv this problem.

so thot i check w this community if its true, and whether any solution to the problem.

thx!

Re: 320i, front and rear door (interior) handle "peeling"

i had mine changed & the coated layer feels different from before & seems durable.
its suppose to be a free replacement, hv a word with yr service advisor.

i've had mine changed before as well. free replacement. have you been putting receipts, phone, or anything that may scratch it there? i have.. haha but the replacement feels different... its something to do with the new paint process they were using

I've had mine realpaced for free as well. Even the PML's loan car handle was peeling badly, much worse than mine. i don't put anything into that small compartment nor use any special chemical to clean it but it still peeled anyway.

thx to all ur responses... at least i knw am not alone. i will reach out to PML 4 the replacements then, hopefully that works 4 the long run.

cheers!

mine changed also. aiyah, ask them always they say dont know, your problem neber see before, first time leh :furious:.

azteccam;248482 said:
thx to all ur responses... at least i knw am not alone. i will reach out to PML 4 the replacements then, hopefully that works 4 the long run.

cheers!

its their excuses that really rile me.

thank goodness for the forum where we can find out about these things from other members.

do remember if you have broken parts inside your vehicle. e.g. there's this plastic covering for the seat rail behind the driver's and passengers seats.. KEEP THE BROKEN PARTS...

my SA mentioned that pml submit the broken parts for claims, (to bmw asia i suppose). no broken parts, no can do. you pay.

Yeah, talk abt those flimsy plastic rail covers. I've had mine changed countless of times. My SA didn't insist that I give her the broken pieces but wat he said regarding my peeling handle pissed me off, after I found out it was a common defect. He asked, 'did u use any chemicals to clean it? yours is the 1st case i've come across...' :evil:

the new handle seems much better. after a couple of months, it still looks ok. but u may wanna check the gearbox plastic cover, mine also had some permanent imprints which could not come off. they changed it for me as well.

My driver's door handle had been peeling since about 12 mo old, but I never got around to doing anything about it... three years is looming, so I dropped into PML on the weekend to see about getting it fixed. Starting position was that it isn't covered by the PML warranty (in third year), but after I mentioned Audi, the service rep promised to contact Germany to ask for a gratis replacement. No answer yet...

If your door handles are peeling, suggest you take it in before it reaches the BMW warranty expires!

had mine change just over a year, better do it before your 2 yrs mark... i was told they only change it under warranty within the first 2 years... after which they'll make u pay...

i had mine changed and it will still peel.

one time off solution, get it laminate into carbon fibre.

Mine's peeling too... and its a >2yo car, due to low milage, its has only gone for 1 servicing... wonder can replace?

just got mine changed FOC by PML....they will only do it FOC for < 2yrs old car.....but you must make lots of noise....

The BMW Lychee Skin is F#$ked up.. sigh.. i give up already.. at least black interior not so obvious.. my friend's beige interior looks far worse.. like kena eczema.. =(

320i;423795 said:
just got mine changed FOC by PML....they will only do it FOC for < 2yrs old car.....but you must make lots of noise....

320i;423795 said:

No need to make noise one la...Be nice to them they will help you..Mine was also peeling.
I called PML, they immediately arranged an appointment the following day and changed it while I have my lunch nearby. They even changed the other side which is not really peeling but changed it just in case, without me telling them.:)

after 1-2 more yrs...it peels again...the only solution is to CF it !!

como;424031 said:

Yeah that would be nice too hehe :) ..you thinking about it?

Side track a bit.... I face this issue of creaking driver seat which is due to the side plastic cover creaking whenever I shift my weight or go over uneven roads. Anyway to get rid of the sound? Mine car is about 2.5 years old so probably the side cover is not as snug already.

kungfupanda;424078 said:
Side track a bit.... I face this issue of creaking driver seat which is due to the side plastic cover creaking whenever I shift my weight or go over uneven roads. Anyway to get rid of the sound? Mine car is about 2.5 years old so probably the side cover is not as snug already.

Hi

I have similar prob, cept it's a 'tug' sound, as if seat was lil loose. Most obvious when I lean my back against the seat then lean forward towards the steering. Got less obvious aft PML tightened the seat bolts to the right tautness, but it's still there:(

My first BMW. I wonder why these make quality issues I've nvr had with previous supposedly lesser rides..

Sorry OT.

como;424031 said:

done already :) heehehh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalalive3id
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back