325i gearbox

Re: 325i gearbox

Yes, in DS mode it's often in 2nd gear from a halt.

I think it's because 1st gear is a little harder to modulate for a smooth move-off and thus can be jerky.

Thanks, no wonder it felt a bit sluggish. Nicely balanced ride the 325i is :)

This is what I posted in another forum:

"What a car!

I finally had an opportunity to savour what many magazines name as the best junior executive sedan money can buy.

The 325i is familiar to many of us and of course, its power and torque figures are far from what even a stock GTi puts out. If bhp and torque are the only thing important to you, read no more. The 325i is not your car.

If balance and fluidity are key in the total driving experience, then you cannot go wrong in this. The package of 6 pot, a traditional 'non-jerky' autobox, rear drive and communicative steering is just simply marvellous. Even at highway driving with no bends or curves to speak of, the steering was talkative but not disruptive. The ride was the biggest surprise. In stock form, it was firm but not crashy. Replacing the run-flats will apparently improve the ride.

In this form, the 3 will be replaced very soon, possibly by next month. There are now 9 or so units left and at about SGD148k against an OMV of SGD48k, it is not cheap nor good value but it has substance and I suspect, a car that one can live with for a while. The 320i is better value (if you can live with a 4 pot).

I like
smile.gif
"

Thanks, no wonder it felt a bit sluggish. Nicely balanced ride the 325i is :)

----------

so u sign up for a 325i ?? :)

If u 1 2 confirm, use steptronic to upshift. Stop @ traffic lite. U will notice that gearbox will downshift sequentially till 2 only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajabaji1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back