3M Crystalline tint?

ckbmwe60

Hi

I am thinking of tinting my soon to be collected F10.

Was thinking of paying Sherman a visit as many bros have good reviews on it.

But after doing somemore research. 3M Crystalline series claim the non ceramic film reject heats better and have longer lifespan

Any Bros out here using 3M on their ride?

What do you guys think ?

The price is a killer though.

ck

Re: 3M Crystalline tint?

ckbmwe60;682409 said:
Hi

I am thinking of tinting my soon to be collected F10.

Was thinking of paying Sherman a visit as many bros have good reviews on it.

But after doing somemore research. 3M Crystalline series claim the non ceramic film reject heats better and have longer lifespan

Any Bros out here using 3M on their ride?

What do you guys think ?

The price is a killer though.

ck

Hi,

First off, congratulations on a new F10.

As for the Tint, Really depends on a couple of things.

How long do you think you are going to keep the car? If for a few years, Most tints in Singapore regardless of brand should last you long enough before you need to change or do a repair.

Where are you going to be parking your car? mostly Indoors? outdoors? if indoors than Tint is mainly cosmetic, if outdoors? long periods of time than maybe the cyrstalline is quite decent.

If you want the best than cyrstalline is the way to go, but for that price, i would still think twice. :)

hi.

I intend to keep the car at least 4 years, even though I said that to all the cars I have owned, I only managed to do that once for my Uni days 318CI.

Usually will be itchy hand and wanted to move on to a newer car by 2-3 years but circumstances

My car mainly park indoor. Basement car park at my condo and also shelthered car park at work.

I wanted to do the crystalline as I want the best for my car and not keen on those 100 tint. Yes the price is steep but I hope to get further discount by getting a friend of mine to get it done at the same time.

Currently on Crystalline for the past 2 years.

No complains. :)

The only one that is comparable, might be the top-of-the-range Vcool...

As i said, its the best on the market not cheap, but if you getting it at a good price. Go for it bro :)

not sure if it will be too late... but you might wanna negotiate with your sa to throw it in for you...

i recently order my ride from pml and gotta my sa to provide...

LCC;682592 said:
not sure if it will be too late... but you might wanna negotiate with your sa to throw it in for you...

i recently order my ride from pml and gotta my sa to provide...

The one that SA throwing in is of lower grade, definitely not crystalline.
My ride is on the lower grade, heat rejection is bad. When stop at traffic lights, I can feel the heat on my hands when my hands are on the steering wheel. :(

Yeah... SA's one are the cheaper one. Already asked them to discount further by 300. So, I ll get it done myself

I had expensive V-Kool in my previous ride (had a sponsor to pay for it cos it was she who scared of the heat... and UV radiation).

I now use cheap cheap Infratint. One third the price of V-Kool. No increase in heat... or facial wrinkles.

I used to pump only V-Power. Expensive. Car runs a tat better (or maybe psychological). Then kena snapped for speeding... thrice.

I now use 95 (no 92 mah). No more speeding photography.....

I used to use only BMW car shampoo kits (shampoo, rim cleaner etc). Rim Cleaner at $25. I now use ArmorAll Wheel Cleaner.... $12.50 and it does the same job.

I had a $3000 original BMW Alarm in my E46. Now I use a $500 OEM alarm that also links direct to the iCAN (iBUS?) system. I leave my windows half down when i go for lunch. Anybody who puts their hand thru the window still triggers the alarm.

There are things we WISH; there are things we MUST have.

My car is on 3M Crystalline (thanks to a buddy on this forum who gave me a fantastic deal) and one word to describe it...

AWESOME.

MapleLeaf;682666 said:
I had expensive V-Kool in my previous ride (had a sponsor to pay for it cos it was she who scared of the heat... and UV radiation).

I now use cheap cheap Infratint. One third the price of V-Kool. No increase in heat... or facial wrinkles.

I used to pump only V-Power. Expensive. Car runs a tat better (or maybe psychological). Then kena snapped for speeding... thrice.

I now use 95 (no 92 mah). No more speeding photography.....

I used to use only BMW car shampoo kits (shampoo, rim cleaner etc). Rim Cleaner at $25. I now use ArmorAll Wheel Cleaner.... $12.50 and it does the same job.

I had a $3000 original BMW Alarm in my E46. Now I use a $500 OEM alarm that also links direct to the iCAN (iBUS?) system. I leave my windows half down when i go for lunch. Anybody who puts their hand thru the window still triggers the alarm.

There are things we WISH; there are things we MUST have.

:goodup: :goodup: :goodup:

Cant agree more with the way you put things across.

OptimusWKY;682631 said:
The one that SA throwing in is of lower grade, definitely not crystalline.
My ride is on the lower grade, heat rejection is bad. When stop at traffic lights, I can feel the heat on my hands when my hands are on the steering wheel. :(

3M crystalline is excellent and I've been through different brands. No brainer, go for it.

And also, I disagree. I had my SA throw in as well for me and mine is the 3M crystalline, not the lower grade.

What is the code number for your crstalline when you registered your warranty online?

ltajedi;683811 said:
3M crystalline is excellent and I've been through different brands. No brainer, go for it.

And also, I disagree. I had my SA throw in as well for me and mine is the 3M crystalline, not the lower grade.

My SA already said, he is "only" going to do the 250 dollars tint for my car. I bought from PI though...
Hence I asked for the cashback and going to top up and do a better one myself..

Just OT a bit, do you guys tint the sunroof too?

Go for the 3M. Yes, sunroof also tinted. Enjoy the new ride. Vrooom vrooom.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xin95net

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back