5 n 6 series recall

relaxed

in today's newspapers.... bmw gonna recall 1.3m all 5 n 6 series built in 2003 to 2010, due to some battery problems....

Re: 5 n 6 series recall

wow...2003 models to now??? took so long for them to realise got problem??

recall means 1 for 1 change ?

BMW Recall March 2012: BMW Company Recalls 1.3 Million Cars because of Reported Battery Problems

BMW recalls 1.3 million cars because of some reported battery problems by consumers. The BMW models involved are the 5 and 6 Series, which were built between 2003 and 2010. This was reported by international news sites, March 26, 2012.

According to the report, all the Series 5 and 6 models built in the specified years should be brought to “authorised dealers” for repair.

The BMW car check is free of charge and would only take 30 minutes, the company assured car owners.

This is because one potential hazard that could result from the car defect would be fire. A statement released by the BMW Company said:

“This can result in the electrical system malfunctioning, the vehicle failing to start and, in some cases, to charring or fire.”

Source: BMW Recall March 2012: BMW Company Recalls 1.3 Million Cars because of Reported Battery Problems | Batangas Today | Breaking News, World News And More News

I asked PML today they ask if still have stock battery i replied no already changed. They reply no need come in if not on original equipment.:errrrrrr:

Divespyder;782696 said:
I asked PML today they ask if still have stock battery i replied no already changed. They reply no need come in if not on original equipment.:errrrrrr:

Happy for you......

cheers

Divespyder;782696 said:

Does it mean all on original / stock battery is recalled? Or is it by batches?

so its the battery problem? changed battery before no need liao right?

Divespyder;782696 said:

If battery change was done by PML, i.e. replaced with OEM battery, does it mean problem also resolved and no need to visit PML for repair?

My battery was changed under warranty by PML when the car was about 2 years old.

No idea. I think PML service centre stafff are hopeless... shall wait for the recall exercise.
Meantime its life as usual.

As I signed up a service package with Munich Auto, and will be bringing in my car for her servicing soon, the SA informed that mine was one of the cars recalled and they will be changing some cable connecting to the battery when I sent in my cars..

Will update when its completed.

cheers!

Just sent my E60 in for servicing at Munich and the person there showed me on his screen that my car is one of those recalled.

BUT I did not get any notification from PML!!

What is PMl doing?

thumbs;794813 said:

What is PMl doing?

acting blur as usual

thumbs;794813 said:
Just sent my E60 in for servicing at Munich and the person there showed me on his screen that my car is one of those recalled.

What is PMl doing?

maybe they cannot recall that....to call u recall your car....haha
ok lah, got MA to clean up their mess :lol2:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n666llc

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups