520i Lux or 528i Business

hi guys,

have narrowed down to these 2 PML models which coincidentally are the same RRP, although they have different overtrade amount

which one would be more cost efficient

1) Get 520i Lux and up its HP/Torque

or

2) Get 528i Biz and install all the bells and whistles of 520i Lux

for now, my vote is with 528i Biz as i'm a bit paranoid in modding the engine specifications

have a nice long weekend !

Re: 520i Lux or 528i Business

535i FTW!

or M5!!!

get 528i la, the aesthetic stuff from 520 lux u can mod outside. most of the lux items you wun notice or wun use or dun even care if they didn't exist

MW;1117594 said:
get 528i la, the aesthetic stuff from 520 lux u can mod outside. most of the lux items you wun notice or wun use or dun even care if they didn't exist

noted, you get BMW for the drive which is noticeably better than the 520i

528i.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

520i lux coz they have nicer trims and seats. Seats are something that's too tedious to mod. Unless u like to Chiong a lot or performance mod etc 520 is adequate for daily drive.

Not say v lauya but v plain basic type. Just that lux has nicer trims on their seats and more supportive etc I think

i would go with the 520i and then get a custom tune which is not expensive nor intrusive.

520i Lux or 528i Business

i would go with 528 and go elebest to lup 6wb, m5 steering, m5 seat (must be red), m projection door led, simi suction door, simi apache helicopter camera view, and the list is 2 pages ... lol
there is no end to the debate of higher spec vs higher power

pml is no good, give you this kind of choice ..520/528 should only come in lux specs ... simi biz specs sound biz but taste like shit ... i guess no one wants to pay for 528i lux? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

You have the list of trim differences between lux/business? Might be easier to decide if you go through the list and see which one you can/cannot live without. Some might be included but actually does not have much value to you.

Biz spec is aka Base model ie. Small screen no comfort access etc to reduce the selling price. To retrofit all the stuff to match luxury trims ain't cheap. So weigh your priorities before taking the plunge. Power is not everything unless u are a NS frequent or street racer or money is no issue. Then again if money is no issue u be looking at M5 already :)

View attachment 67910basically, 528 biz = 520 biz with extra bhp/nm ... so the options is about $15K++
obviously, pml will take back $15k (at least) if not more for biz vs lux version
many will say get the lux and pay $1K+ piggyback to chip to 528-ish ... win-win ... huat ah!

Last edited by a moderator:

business model got comfort access...from what I noticed the differences are as follows:
1)Business got xenons and not led headlights
2)Business got navigation business and not professional-which means smaller screen and no hard drive for storage
3)Business got basic aircon, not the aircon with extended contents(front fan speed got only one speed for both driver and passenger not like luxury where driver and passenger can have different fan speeds, no solar sensor and no fogging sensor for the business model)
4)Business got the 6WA instrument panel and the luxury got the 6WB
5)Business got basic leather seats, luxury got the exclusive stitched leather seats
6)Business got normal door sills, luxury got illuminated door sills
7)Different alloy wheels
8)Rear view Camera
9)Chrome surrounds on the outside of the car

Hope this makes it easier for you.

Go for 535i...with all other stuff like HUD.. surround view, adaptive drive and not forgetting a 6cyl engine.

BMW FOREVER;1117682 said:
business model got comfort access...from what I noticed the differences are as follows:
2)Business got navigation business and not professional-which means smaller screen and no hard drive for storage
3)Business got basic aircon, not the aircon with extended contents(front fan speed got only one speed for both driver and passenger not like luxury where driver and passenger can have different fan speeds, no solar sensor and no fogging sensor for the business model)
5)Business got basic leather seats, luxury got the exclusive stitched leather seats
7)Different alloy wheels
8)Rear view Camera

thanks a lot for the list

i'm aware of most of them except the leather seats and door sills. thinking again :)

base on this list ... i will go for 528i biz ... the only deal breaker is small screen :biggun: ... but this can be upgraded easily

BMW FOREVER;1117682 said:
7)Different alloy wheels
8)Rear view Camera

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member