730 LI Level Control System Error

Re: 730 LI Level Control System Error

You could either have a sensor failure or prob a leaking rear shock. Quite common for the Li models.

Bro,

One of your shock absorber is faulty.

This alarm happened to my 730L1 two months ago.

After diagnosis, confirmed one of my rear shock absorber faulty. Changed that and the alarm is gone.

You can actually use a tape rule to measure the centre tip of the mud guard of each wheel to the centre of the sports rim. Under normal condition, front both must measure the same and rear both measure the same. Of course your tyre pressure must be right. The one that has the lesser reading compared to its opposite one is the faulty shock absorber.

Check this out.

Hi bro,
Don't mind pm me what was your damage?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Компания «ФОР

Компания «ФОРСКОМ» предлагает вам услуги по оформлению и получению виз в европейские страны, в том числе, в страны Шенгенского Содружества: Германия, Испания, Франция и т.д. Также мы занимаемся оформлением виз в страны Азии, Африки, Северной и Южной Америки. виза в Болгарию
Наши данные: ООО "ФОРСКОМ" телефон/факс +7(495) 692-36-91 адрес: 125009, г. Москва, ул. Б.Дмитровка, д.9, стр. 1, офис 315

Went to the workshop and did a check, left rear absorber damaged.
Replace both rear absorber with labour at $2500/-

Remember, please try your best to park at even road.
If you park on top of kerb and start your car. The floating air absorber
Will need extra power and pressure to push up hence it will get damage faster.

RedDevils;914638 said:
Hi bro,
Don't mind pm me what was your damage?

Thanks!

collin;918773 said:

Infratint's double chin Boss.........
Please take note..........

collin;918773 said:

Is this floating air absorber the "airbag"? If so, the price is reasonable. My previous Citroen's rear air cylinders (pneumatic suspension's "airbags") would have cost $2.6k to replace if not for the warranty.

It seems that the 7 series has suspension airbag. Anyway my front suspension should be down soon as when u drive thru hump, u can hear the air sound pushing out.

nextreal;918968 said:
Is this floating air absorber the "airbag"? If so, the price is reasonable. My previous Citroen's rear air cylinders (pneumatic suspension's "airbags") would have cost $2.6k to replace if not for the warranty.

collin;919321 said:
It seems that the 7 series has suspension airbag. Anyway my front suspension should be down soon as when u drive thru hump, u can hear the air sound pushing out.

I think you trying to tell everyone that your 7 is turbocharged................. Whahaha....

Was just wondering if anyone lowered their cars with h&r front springs with bilstein shock absorbers for the m-sport springs? Am thinking of that option since shocks are worn and changing anyway so might as well lower abit and firm up the mushy fronts. Rears I think can just change the susp level sensor links to lower the standard susp by 1 inch.

Would like to hear from any bros who lowered their Li. Is it better or worse?

nextreal;920922 said:
My 730i is lowered with H&R springs, but it's an E65.

Ok, so did you change the shocks or using the origs? Did u do for all 4 shocks or just the front? Any feedback on the ride quality and comfort vs control?

The springs were changed by the previous owner just to lower the ride for the look. The shocks are original. E65 doesn't have hydraulic rear suspension.

If you ask me, I prefer the original ride height, primarily because of the bodykit. I gotta be very careful on the carpark slopes. Also, my heavy ICE system in the boot weighs the rear of the car down even more. There's barely 1.5 fingers space left.

The suspension is firm, but not overly hard like those on the ah-beng Type-Rs. But I really prefer the more comfortable stock feel. Handling wise, I think there's not much different; the 7-series still drives like a pumped-up whale.

Just for reference my rear hydraulic gave way on one side, the cost was abt 1300 for parts...

nextreal;928468 said:
Any idea how much the original shock absorbers cost? I suspect 2 of mine may have given way.

I think 2xx each, since u are on lowered springs I think u should consider getting the shocks for the msport version. Probably a better match for ur springs.

How to know if the rear shocks are gone?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back