• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

'96 E36 , no.plate SDL890L, can buy?

raymondtan

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Hi,
I was looking at a 10-yr old E36 (316IA) at a dealer in Odeon, Katong area. They quote me $42.8k, but slashed down to $40k. I want to lower price further since I am not taking loan, does anyone know how much should I be paying? Has anyone heard of SDL 890L? :)

Re: '96 E36 , no.plate SDL890L, can buy?

If the COE is only 10k, why are you paying 30k for the 10 yr old body?

my opinion- not worth for 30K body.. some more 316i , 10yrs no power quite sian..
of course cheaper road tax for 316 (up 150%) & insurance are the only good thing to own this Bimmer.

I bought my e36 316iM for $40k in May as a 10 yrs Toyota Corona already cost $39k. I would suggest you get a manual one instead of an auto to avoid any transmission problem.

Hi folks,
Thanks so much for the great advice. sturtles, iScoupe, you are right about the 30k price and the engine. But I cannot resist buying, so I have gone to the dark side already.:yummie: (Jin teck, thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one!)
Good thing is that I managed to pay off everything (with some family interest-free loan) so can save up a bit on the interest cost. Errr... got to spend a bit to repair the wear-&-tear though. But overall, it's a happy feeling. So now must work hard hard so that next time can buy new one :laughlik: (my wf;s gonna kill me....)

Raymond, I bought my when she was 9 yrs old and paid the COE then worth about $28+K, so far no regrets, comparatively, not much other make has that kind of feel anyway.

if the depreciation is linear, I feel its a good buy, but if you want to sell it off in 2 years time, and dealers quote you only 10-12k, it would be quite a pain. Do note this issue, as in do not plan to sell your new purchase early unless you can take the hit in dep.

I strongly support Jawzsg and map. The dep will b all above $4k if you buy 92-94 e36 models. For 96 model, is only $4k/yr. If do the car sui sui u can drive for the next 5 - 10 yrs ! :) :) :)

sturtles said:
if the depreciation is linear, I feel its a good buy, but if you want to sell it off in 2 years time, and dealers quote you only 10-12k, it would be quite a pain. Do note this issue, as in do not plan to sell your new purchase early unless you can take the hit in dep.

Thanks for the good advice, I'll definitely note this point. Now totally broke, hmmm, at least 6 more years (could be more) before I can get another car. That's assuming I can resist the temptation.....must control.....:sneaky:

jin teck said:
I strongly support Jawzsg and map. The dep will b all above $4k if you buy 92-94 e36 models. For 96 model, is only $4k/yr. If do the car sui sui u can drive for the next 5 - 10 yrs ! :) :) :)

Yup yup, you are right! I am thinking of making some repairs for the wear-&-tear, and continue to drive longer. Just like in other countries where cars are used for decades. It's only here where the unit of measurement is different, we use COE - 10 yrs! Ok, better stop before I start complaining about the garmen again. :offtopic:

bumps
are u still interested in E36?

Bumpz for iscoupe's sale!

Jonleeck and MW, jia ba buay?

prawn noodle @ sam leong street..... old school!very nice.

Is SDL 890 L for sale?

Bumpz.......................

cheers

I think this car exported liao.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9betbond
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back