A stationary M5

Triple3

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong thred.

I'm just curious to know if a stationary M5 is all quiet like a car with it's engine shut off, or you can hear the V10 breathing when you're walking or standing next to it?

I saw a black BMW with the M5 badge, and side M5 grille? along north bridge road last night.

I may be wrong but i thinkz that all cars in the "super" group give a difference in which you can hear it breathing normally. (ie even when stationary, the engine giving a sound like it's alive and ready to kick ass)

Re: A stationary M5

Mockngbrd said:
according to Tiff Needell on 5Th Gear , its sounds almost like a diesel when stationary :p
Uncle, how does a diesel sound like when stationary? I've only stood next to cars that has it's engine shut off, and those that are alive usually have the word "TAXI" on them, and I don't get to appreciate it's engine sounds. :p

BMW M5s when stock do sound nothing out of the ordinary. Stand next to a M3 and you will notice that the M3 doesn't sound anything like the normal 325s or 330s. They sound a lot rougher and idling isn't that smooth.

I guess when you mentioned presence, you think that most high end sport cars give off a boomy resonance and deep bassy hum. Most aftermarket exhaust boxes do give these high end cars such sounds though.

Thanks Ryan, I didn't have the opportunity to check out the road tax as the owner of the M5 I saw is inside the car. Only saw the orange lights on it's speedo, didn't check if there's any pedal shift on it also.
From the rear, I tot it was an M3 as it's sized more like a 3 series only on approaching then I saw the M5 badge, the car's engine was running but it was totally silent.

Hmmmm.....

You saw it in the morning ... say close to 10 am .... is it black in color and the number plate is silver in color?

its quiet....not throbbing etc....it sounds normal on cruising mode....

there ARE other tell tale signs........ even when the engine is not running.......... well if the car was stationary with the driver inside the car and the engine NOT running - which is very unsual, maybe it is an M5 as the engine will get too hot!!!!! ha ha

lost_soul said:
You saw it in the morning ... say close to 10 am .... is it black in color and the number plate is silver in color?
Hi lost_soul. I saw it last night about 10:15pm in the small lane between Textile Centre and Sultan Plaza. Didn't note the plate, coz from 3 cars away I was caught by the quad exhausts and I thought it could be an M3 as it looked more like the size of a 3 series to me.

I guess unless one could go closer to have a looka on it's road tax or knew the owner will know whether it's the real thing or just a dang thing.

But i am sure it has four exhausts ... i do know he turned in a lane after the taxi stand ... i mite be wrong on that ...

nuts said:
Thanks Ryan, I didn't have the opportunity to check out the road tax as the owner of the M5 I saw is inside the car. Only saw the orange lights on it's speedo, didn't check if there's any pedal shift on it also.
From the rear, I tot it was an M3 as it's sized more like a 3 series only on approaching then I saw the M5 badge, the car's engine was running but it was totally silent.

Hmmmm.....

Correct me if I'm wrong; but I think the M5 speedo lighting is not orange. I don't remember, but I think its white, definitely not orange, so what you saw may not have been the real deal.

nuts said:
Hi lost_soul. I saw it last night about 10:15pm in the small lane between Textile Centre and Sultan Plaza. Didn't note the plate, coz from 3 cars away I was caught by the quad exhausts and I thought it could be an M3 as it looked more like the size of a 3 series to me.

I guess unless one could go closer to have a looka on it's road tax or knew the owner will know whether it's the real thing or just a dang thing.
That car you saw is not an M5.

I did saw one black "M5" which side by side with me... even with side vent & M5 badge.. quad exhaust but... I don't believe is M5 coz i can't hear the V10 :lol2:

went home check the through LTA, its a 520.

I've sat in one for 30 mins at idle, and revved a few times to 4000rpm to check for system noise. It sounds very normal. Yes, it was a true one coz of the roax tax and many many other details, including a open bonnet of the realstuff.

had a few "meet-up" with the m5 when I was at the 'ring this summer; the e60m5 sounds just like any 520/523/530 when idling; eving at rev below 3K rpm, it sounds just like any other e60; only when it's rev hard above 4 - 8k rpm ... than ... !!!

rex7_vtec said:
That car you saw is not an M5.

Yeah, AFAIK, there is no Black M5 brought in and delivered by PML just yet.
U r next perhaps..:yummie:

I dunno if my info correct or not, so far heard got only 2 running on the streets in sg. Bronze and Blue.
The new orders i not sure liao...

TripleM said:
Yeah, AFAIK, there is no Black M5 brought in and delivered by PML just yet.
U r next perhaps..:yummie:

Not bronze but Silver Grey

I saw that one before too.... I just shy behind him few cars away. Basket.

calvin said:
I did saw one black "M5" which side by side with me... even with side vent & M5 badge.. quad exhaust but... I don't believe is M5 coz i can't hear the V10 :lol2:

went home check the through LTA, its a 520.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slotgacor8832

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back