Advice on buying the 320i Airshow

Crazy_

Hi Guys,

Need some advice here. Owning a BMW has always been a dream and after the promotion I gotten last year and the recent discount given by PML on the 320i. I am looking to book one.

Visited the showroom today and test drive it and love it.

But before I sign on the dotted line on Monday, could you guys give your views on this car on aspects like maintainance, problems and freebies I could squeze from the dealer.

Looking to drive this car for atleast 5 yrs. Would this be a problem?

Thks in advance.:nehnehhh:

Re: Advice on buying the 320i Airshow

Like it? Buy it !

The saying goes "u cant die a virgin cos u only live once".

The forum says "u have to drive a BMW once in your life at least"

something to share on what i saw today at bugis. saw a black 320i with airshow plate zipping around the area many rounds. look into the car, no VIP only driver.. looks like the driver use the car to run errands..next horror thing..being the 1st car at the traffic light, it high rev and move off when the light turns green..WTF... the car hv not even run-in !!! poor owner who is buying that car !!! so better think twice on airshow car though is cheap .. just my 2cents of comments.

Yippy... Booked the car yesterday and got a damn good deal on top of the discount.

See you guys soon in meetups.:nehnehhh:

Hi Crazy_,

I am oso looking to buy the 320i. Can you share with me what the deal you have gotten? Also, which SE serves you at which PML center?

Rgds,
Shaun

If the airshow 320 is still availalbe, it could also mean that there's not enough takers.... reflecting on poor demand.

Qn: Why poor demand? Deal not very attractive?

Oddly enough, just this morning, I saw 2 airshow E90s stopped on the causeway (towards SG direction), with 2 TP bikes beside them.

Seems that the occupants (there was a female dressed in exec clothing amongst the 3(?) person group) were arguing with the officers; there was some spirited gesturing going on.

Maybe under the terms of the service, they aren't supposed to drive into MY?

i'm preparing more mod poison to be spread

Was at the airshow today. Saw a few Airshow E60s doing runs on Changi Coastal Road...

lots of them in marina sq carpark...no space to park for shopping crowd. since i also same car act blur park amongst airshow plates...but kenna chased away :( !!!

anyway depending on how much discount u getting...imo if >10K no point if u spread yr loan over X yrs ..small difference get a new virgin car better.

common problems? door creaks, oil leaking at exhaust manifold, humming sound at highspeed, jerky tranny shifts but these faults might be corrected w newer batches...i dunno

Anyone knows what year is the latest batch sold now produced? 2008 or 2007?

I heard from my SE that the airshow 320i does NOT come with bi-xenon lights that they are now offering for current 320i from the PML showroom.

it's the 2007 batch 2008 not out yet. to my knowledge it should be only in by late mar or earily Apr. BMWs 320 now assembled in South Africa. They assemble how many cars per day. how to sell all end 2007 produced by 1.5 months?

Ya. their are 3 models of 320i. The air show is the lowest entry level. It's the Executive model. Then it's the professional (with xenon and some black line) for extra 7k i thk it's not worth it.

Lastly it's the highline. With all the damn shit in another 10k price above the executive.

Good news. my car is already back in PML as it was not used. so I will be collecting car soon. date should be on 2 March 2008.

Well you maybe wrong as when I was there most of the cars are booked. Left every few. maybe they are of odd colurs like red or so on.

My friend when to book but con't chk the colour he wants.

You can call and chk the other day I check. they only have 5 left and I booked one. The rest all booked already.

Saw an Airshow E90 320i front smashed in an accident along Bukit Timah yesterday. Pity the new owner taking over the car, which would have been repaired big time by then.

Was informed by my SE that for any accident cars. They will inform the buyer to select another car as the insurance they purchase for these car have a one for one replacement. They are more then willing to write of the car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvao8livenet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back