After Mkt Turbo / Oil Catch Tank

Wh0cArEs

hi folks,

2 quick questions. Are there any aftermarket turbos for the N54 335i and is there an oil catch tank made specially for the N54 or does the N54 already come with one?

Tks!

Re: After Mkt Turbo / Oil Catch Tank

First question I am still looking for an answer, not easy, considering the space constraint and the way the turboes are situated....

Second question - Riss oil catch can. I think there is a spare one at Boss.

:dance:
kenntona;630671 said:
First question I am still looking for an answer, not easy, considering the space constraint and the way the turboes are situated....

Second question - Riss oil catch can. I think there is a spare one at Boss.

Tks man... rumour has it that there is an aftermkt turbo for the N54 but I still need to verify this :dance:

The rumour has been going around for years........ if there is one, you will read it in e90posts......

Hi Guys,
would any of you know where to rebuild our turbo's, here in SG?

Hi bro,

i have done my aftermarket turbo upgrade at J4C, u may want to look for Amos for more details.
i am surprised that the upgrade has made everyday driving so much more fun.:dance:

Thank you Bro,
J4C = Just for Cars? Still new to the abbreviation thinggy.

Raingod said:
Hi bro,

i have done my aftermarket turbo upgrade at J4C, u may want to look for Amos for more details.
i am surprised that the upgrade has made everyday driving so much more fun.:dance:
Care to share what are the upgrades?

Hi Kenn,

i not really good in despcription especially in technical terms. Well, i will just give simple description:

The N54 turbo upgrade consist of 2 turbos (including the upgraded manifolds and actuators) done up by Owen developements. Can see the difference if you placed the stock ones side by side.

Tuning was done by Rhommel after the installation. (Not too sure which program though, not JB4)

Results were not too bad, the car with already a upgraded intercooler, downpipes, mid pipes,SS exhaust and gruppe M intake has manage to achieved close to about 400WHP or 440BHP @ slightly below 1.2 bar of boost as per claimed by J4C on the dyno charts. Been running with it for about close to 2 months without any fault indications thus far.
I was easily satisfied as the response of the car has improved quite a far bit on the low end and top end. Was able to feel the push of the car much longer (up to 6k rpm) when gunning it.

Hope the brief description is able to help the bros here who is interested in the upgrade.

Cheers:goodup:

Raingod;679932 said:
Hi Kenn,

i not really good in despcription especially in technical terms. Well, i will just give simple description:

The N54 turbo upgrade consist of 2 turbos (including the upgraded manifolds and actuators) done up by Owen developements. Can see the difference if you placed the stock ones side by side.

Tuning was done by Rhommel after the installation. (Not too sure which program though, not JB4)

Results were not too bad, the car with already a upgraded intercooler, downpipes, mid pipes,SS exhaust and gruppe M intake has manage to achieved close to about 400WHP or 440BHP @ slightly below 1.2 bar of boost as per claimed by J4C on the dyno charts. Been running with it for about close to 2 months without any fault indications thus far.
I was easily satisfied as the response of the car has improved quite a far bit on the low end and top end. Was able to feel the push of the car much longer (up to 6k rpm) when gunning it.

Hope the brief description is able to help the bros here who is interested in the upgrade.

Cheers:goodup:

:woowooo::woowooo::woowooo:

Bro care to share price of thi upgrade inclusive of tuning? I have a 135, does this fit?

whats the FC like with this new upgrade ?

No need to upgrade injectors or fuel pump ?

Any chance of seeing the dyno charts? BTW, I am pretty surprised the turbos can be replaced on the N54 block....

ClemZ;702436 said:
whats the FC like with this new upgrade ?

No need to upgrade injectors or fuel pump ?

Well, for the FC, i did not feel the increase pretty much as in Singapore i do not have the chance to gun as much. It stays pretty the same. I did not do anything on the injector nor the fuel pump part of it as the turbo upgrade is not the typical hardcore ones. Probably u may want to check with Amos on the technical part of the upgrade.

kenntona;702442 said:
Any chance of seeing the dyno charts? BTW, I am pretty surprised the turbos can be replaced on the N54 block....

I think what he means is the turbo housing is stock but the internals are modified, similar to rob beck turbos I'd assume.

kenntona;702442 said:

Hey Kenn, sad to say, i have thrown away the dyno charts after the upgrade a few months later. I have check with J4C after reading a few post on turbo upgrade at the bimmerboost forum. They have mentioned a few different types of upgrade like Rob Beck Turbos and some others. J4C came back to me with Owens. Not too sure if the upgraded turbo have a lot of difference in appearance, but comparing them side by side, there is a slight difference. The original turbos are kept with me after the upgrade.

I will post the dyno charts probably after another dyno session with Rhommel. But for sure, my drive is definitely coupled with a 'power' experience for me.

BJTWL;702608 said:
I think what he means is the turbo housing is stock but the internals are modified, similar to rob beck turbos I'd assume.

Hmm.. Think this maybe the case for me... But i am not really too sure.. Internals are modified for sure. :cloud9:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aw8fyi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back