Aftermarket speakers for F20

vf47

no problems with the rides i have so far other than the Japanese ones.. :errrrrrr:

anyone has any recommendations? Don't get me wrong, i'm not a ICE ICE person but just adequate will do. I was searching for the rear speakers and couldn't find them!!.. i was also thinking of putting the tweeter near to the side mirror level..

as low a budget as possible..

Re: Aftermarket speakers for F20

Calling bro kelvin... Dun change lah, go stock!

really ah.. the stocks speakers really CMI.. :chinese:

I was shown a Alpine set - a replacement for our OEM set when I was at trust motion. U might want to check it out?

HITMAN;861374 said:
Calling bro kelvin... Dun change lah, go stock!

Stock one not very good ( maybe i don't know how to set ) And the volume up or down the big screen don't show ? Anyway to set this tooo?

Alextang;861525 said:
Stock one not very good ( maybe i don't know how to set ) And the volume up or down the big screen don't show ? Anyway to set this tooo?

For stock, we can only adjust treble and bass under the tone menu. That's about it. To my limited knowledge there's no way to show volume on screen, but not sure if elebest can code this...

Last edited by a moderator:

For me, I'm transferring whatever i can from my ICE collection over the years.

I've got to buy new 4" midrange speakers cos all my fronts are either 5" or 6", dunno why BMW must use 4".

Then I reuse my tweeters and mini-sub powered by amps.

That should be sufficient. Did anybody do soundproofing for the doors?

Wow.. I thought it might not go more than 1k.. just want some mid range and base will do.. and tweeters..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

You'll need to buy a sub, mid range, tweeters and an amp to drive it all. Maybe an equalizer to fine-tune. $1k might be tough. My suggestion is to start small, with a budget, and slowly upgrade the parts as you dekit and change cars. I started with a $2k setup with my first car & I've upgraded along the way e.g my tweeters are about 14yrs old!

leslie11;861704 said:
You'll need to buy a sub, mid range, tweeters and an amp to drive it all. Maybe an equalizer to fine-tune. $1k might be tough. My suggestion is to start small, with a budget, and slowly upgrade the parts as you dekit and change cars. I started with a $2k setup with my first car & I've upgraded along the way e.g my tweeters are about 14yrs old!

thanks Leslie for the suggestion.. i had the impression that the original player will be good enough and i just have to get some speakers/tweeters to replace the existing ones.. well maybe a tiny amp and that's about it..

go check out site sponsor Soundworkz..
shld be able to get something within the 2k+ range.. ;)

I agree, $2k+ at the right shops can get a good enough system already, most impt thing is to stick to your budget cos ICE can be limitless.

Did some "window" shopping today.. gosh our speakers are only 3 ~ 4" big.. hardly any selections.. but can keep budget below 700.. this is what i call the "half" step upgrade.. 2 tweeters, 2 speakers and 2 components at the back.. hur hur..

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk 2

Check out wee heng at upper serangoon, apparently they have a bundle specially for 1&3 series. I think abt 1.2k

Forrestgum;862196 said:
Check out wee heng at upper serangoon, apparently they have a bundle specially for 1&3 series. I think abt 1.2k

i see.. i know them previously.. will check it out thanks! Do you know what brand they quoted?

I just collected my car and frankly, the speakers don't sound too bad. I expected it to sound much worse.

There's a guy going to do his sound system at AE today . Heard he bought grandel( hope I get the brand spelling right or sounds like tat ) component speakers originally made for BMW car system. Damage is abt $1.3k. The installer told me is a new 1 series guy doing the installation today.

leslie11;862254 said:
I just collected my car and frankly, the speakers don't sound too bad. I expected it to sound much worse.

Congrats bro on ur new ride

Viper76;862257 said:
There's a guy going to do his sound system at AE today . Heard he bought grandel( hope I get the brand spelling right or sounds like tat ) component speakers originally made for BMW car system. Damage is abt $1.3k. The installer told me is a new 1 series guy doing the installation today.

I'm going to do my Revol now, I'll drop by AE if I have the time, keen to see the poison being injected.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back