Aircon recirculation button question

tlkchew

Hi Guys,
Like to check if you have to press the aircon recirculation button to closed everytime you on the aircon?
I have to set it everytime i turn on to shut off and after that if i switch off the aircon, and when i next on the aircon the circulation is open and i have to press it to shut off again.

is there a way to keep it closed. Sometime forget to shutoff get choking CO from bus and taxis cough cough*

car model E46 318i

Re: Aircon recirculation button question

do not leave it at on ... leave it on Auto and it'll stay auto even when u shut off engine..

sorry i meant the air recirculaion button. its the button with a circle and a circle with a "A" in the center. press once, it goes to the circle with "A" press again it goes to the circle. i want to keep it just the circle i.e. shut off outside air.

thanks again.

tlkchew;375708 said:
sorry i meant the air recirculaion button. its the button with a circle and a circle with a "A" in the center. press once, it goes to the circle with "A" press again it goes to the circle. i want to keep it just the circle i.e. shut off outside air.

thanks again.
I'm looking for an answer to that too.

I brought it in to PML the last time and they said they couldn't do it.

Grrr.

i see, seem like a problem. keeps going to open
thx

doesn't happen to me leh...

mine stays closed all the time, or open all the time, depending on how i want it.

don't know how to solve your problem as i have not encountered it. check with PML? perhaps something that can be reflashed in your ecu?

Recirculation button can be on all the time if you have an E60 and designate one of the 2 steering wheel buttons to be a recirculation button thru i drive.

If not, it seems BMW, Audi both have to switch on each time you fire the engine up. Some kind of European regulation.

I always thought this was saved in the key memory for E46. My setting is the same as when I last switched off the engine and the same settings are there when I start the engine but I don't turn off the aircon before I switch off the engine. Maybe that's the only way.

I don't think that its a fault, more likely a safety function? No more gassing urself to death.

I thought "A" is the best of both worlds - it ventilates the interior (fresh air) but switches to re-circ automatically when it senses pollution coming from the outside? When you set to "A", it remains on "A" all the time. I leave mine at "A" at all times.

whiskyrum;375833 said:
I thought "A" is the best of both worlds - it ventilates the interior (fresh air) but switches to re-circ automatically when it senses pollution coming from the outside? When you set to "A", it remains on "A" all the time. I leave mine at "A" at all times.

ok, i guess i leave it at A and see how it goes.. . singapore road leave totally closed is best coz i always get smoked out by busses, by the time it decides to close , lol..

do you guys off your aircon, before you shutdown the engine?

I think this is a habbit i picked up long ago coz i heard it is not good to start engine with the aircon on.

many thanks to all who replied.

I had this issue on the 730 and i got pml to rerogramme such that the default was closed ie start engine closed. Initially they claimed not possible but eventually managed to do it.

I spoke to my service advisor about this problem and he said it can be programmed to default to internal circulation mode. Said he'll do that for me next time I send in for servicing.

However, my next servicing is not due til 12,000 km or Sep 09! WTF!

bro, the reprogramming takes less than 15mins. less if they know what they are doing.

if it really bugs you, just drive into PML and ask them to do it for you.

it's an entitlement, not something you have to wait for...

I am driving a 2003 E46 and my setting stays or rather, programs itself based on the key i used. So if i set it to 'closed' for one key and set it to 'Auto' for another key, it will always stick to that mode, based on the key i used to open my car door.

bmw4life;375958 said:
I am driving a 2003 E46 and my setting stays or rather, programs itself based on the key i used. So if i set it to 'closed' for one key and set it to 'Auto' for another key, it will always stick to that mode, based on the key i used to open my car door.

is the programming to the key only possible to be done by PML only?
i'd like my key to be programmed to my seat setting etc....

diablo_728;375941 said:
I had this issue on the 730 and i got pml to rerogramme such that the default was closed ie start engine closed. Initially they claimed not possible but eventually managed to do it.

how typical of PML, before even trying they are telling us cannot do...:thinking:

bmw4life;375958 said:

Ditto for my 2004 E46. It remains on last setting and gets stored in key memory so that it starts up in my previous setting prior to switching off the engine.

go to PML, talk to the SA, tell him / her what you want, and ask them to do it.

if they tell you "it can't be done..." tell them that all your friends who are driving bimmers have the same feature. and ask them to do it.

bottom line, ask them to just f#%king do it...

will carry more weight if your car is still within the warranty period.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arcade80

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back