Alert message displayed 2 days after installing Blackvue DR550 with T-Power C

Stephen Lim Ji Haur

Hi,

Just like to check anyone here experienced this after installing the DR550 with T-power C?

Besides the alert notice, I also cannot access the car by touching the door handler, instead I need to unlock the door by manually pressing the car key remote control.

Not sure why this is happening especially I understand that T-power C will not required tapping of the car batter.

Appreciate advice / comment.
Thanks.

View attachment 54993

Re: Alert message displayed 2 days after installing Blackvue DR550 with T-Power C

Stephen Lim Ji Haur;1034542 said:
Hi,

Just like to check anyone here experienced this after installing the DR550 with T-power C?

Besides the alert notice, I also cannot access the car by touching the door handler, instead I need to unlock the door by manually pressing the car key remote control.

Not sure why this is happening especially I understand that T-power C will not required tapping of the car batter.

Appreciate advice / comment.
Thanks.

View attachment 54993

My blackvue without any extra item dun hv any issue. Y nt take out n monitor again....

Re: Alert message displayed 2 days after installing Blackvue DR550 with T-Power C

Ah Yang, thanks for the reply.
But when you said your Blackvue don't have extra item, are you referring to the T-power C?

Should go back installer and get it rectified.

Find out where the tap the power from. Is it from fuse or straight to battery terminal (which is a much better option)? What you're currently experiencing is that car detect a drain of power thus pops up error message.

Hi Juzme, the T-power was installed under the passenger seat. I'm not sure where it taps the power from. But I was told by the company that T-power is not going to tap on the battery, so it is the most suitable for Beemer.

Something is tapping power else you'll never get the error. Or installer screwed up when installing.

FYI, I have Blackvue with Power Magic Pro and no issue at all. A lot of installers don't know how to install. Personally didn't get t-power coz it takes a while to charge battery pack and it doesn't last long as backup battery.

Bring it back to installer and ask them to check their wiring.

There's 2 power sources - one based on ignition and the other is always on e.g Alarm, fob related etc. I assume you do not have the power magic module ?

If not it will just keep draining if tapped to the always on fuses or power source.

This is all assuming something is charging the T-Power C.

Hi Red Bean Bun, I am using the T-Power C (instead of the Magic Power that come with the original package) as I specifically don't want the device to tap on my car battery.

Anyway, I'm not sure how such thing work. So I have just arranged with the company to send my car back to the showroom for checking this evening.

I will update the status after that.

Thanks for the insights.

That's the whole idea of installing T-Power C, you don't want to touch the battery.

My works like a charm.... you better get it checked.

Cheers!

Thanks Flyboy. I am sending my car back for them to check later this evening. The person-in-charge also agree it should not be the case.

Anyway bad luck lah :(

flyboy;1034655 said:
That's the whole idea of installing T-Power C, you don't want to touch the battery.

My works like a charm.... you better get it checked.

Cheers!

Can you advise a good reliable workshop who can do the installation/supply of equipment?

I believe any car audio shop will be able to do it. It's a matter of how much, I think mine is on the high side. I did mine at near my place in Serangoon Gardens.

One good tip I can give you is that there's a very obscure electric socket right below the glove compartment which you can tap the power from to your T-Power C. Save you a lot of trouble pulling wire here and there. This tip is good for those audio shops not familiar with BMW cars.

Cheers!

for f10 ... even with power magic, the IBS (intelligent battery sensor) will kick in way before the power magic cut the power (off the camera)
the next morning when you start engine, you will see the "battery discharge" message

solution
1. use battery pack to power the camera and the battery pack (in glove compartment) is charged while driving
2. unplug the power from the camera while park overnight (no overnight surveillance monitoring)
3. tap the power source from ciggy box (recording while driving only)

Last edited by a moderator:

i have this message, my installer told me its normal leh...said can be code out

I get this all the time too... but... nothing a good drive wun solve.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back