Alternative Paddle Shift

TripleM

Legendary 10 Years
I call it Bat Paddle coz it looks like one but very purposeful...
Something u guys might wanna consider...The key advantage is you can reach the paddles just bout at anywhere when you put your fingers on the steering wheels except if one is digging nose....

I like the design but would rather wait for the anodized black which is coming soon...

Here is the link for more info

http://smgpaddles.com

Would the real owner of 325ci please stand up to share some of your new experience?

Swee2x...

Re: Alternative Paddle Shift

Those are the Strassentech's? I think some guys on e46fanatics offering replicas made of aluminium also not sure if the GB took off.
They look so big man.

jaskin said:
Those are the Strassentech's? I think some guys on e46fanatics offering replicas made of aluminium also not sure if the GB took off.
They look so big man.

The above one aint Strassentech one..
Can't touch Strassentech products coz their prices are really outrageously high... :whipper: :mad:

Okay, here's a quick review on it (Played with it over the weekend):

Its friggin huge to begin with! When I 1st took them out of the box, I wasn't so much impressed with the size as with the finishing until I had the chance to compare the M3 paddleshift with the Strassentech-rep one. its about double in size and weight! Liked the finishing on the Strassentech-rep, brushed & matted for the entire paddle except for the edge, which is polished, very much like a dagger/blade.

Its as easy as plug and play but its kinda tedious, cuz u have to remove the M3 steering airbag and faceplates with TORX screws (imagine opening up the M3 steering and having no torx screws with me... what a laugh!).

U have to get used to the size though... 1st time I drove the car, my fingers were brushing the paddles when I wanted to use my signal or wiper stalks but after a while, u get familiar with it. Upshifting/downshifting has a satisfying "click" to it!

Downsides to this mod? Freakin' expensive for "just a set of paddles" and decreased mileage cuz of continous usage.... :)

I'll try to get my pics up asap!

Cheerio!

Azrielsc said:
Okay, here's a quick review on it (Played with it over the weekend):

Its friggin huge to begin with! When I 1st took them out of the box, I wasn't so much impressed with the size as with the finishing until I had the chance to compare the M3 paddleshift with the Strassentech-rep one. its about double in size and weight! Liked the finishing on the Strassentech-rep, brushed & matted for the entire paddle except for the edge, which is polished, very much like a dagger/blade.

Its as easy as plug and play but its kinda tedious, cuz u have to remove the M3 steering airbag and faceplates with TORX screws (imagine opening up the M3 steering and having no torx screws with me... what a laugh!).

U have to get used to the size though... 1st time I drove the car, my fingers were brushing the paddles when I wanted to use my signal or wiper stalks but after a while, u get familiar with it. Upshifting/downshifting has a satisfying "click" to it!

Downsides to this mod? Freakin' expensive for "just a set of paddles" and decreased mileage cuz of continous usage.... :)

I'll try to get my pics up asap!

Cheerio!

Sam, so what happened to your original M3 paddles? *hint*

Hi Sam,

Got more pictures from your installation?

Azrielsc said:
Sitting around! Maybe I can go fix it on my dad's merc! whahahaha!

No..u can donate the pair to some temple, cud be a new thing for doing sheng puay whereby people normally use those red color wooden ones...swee2x...

Azrielsc said:
Sitting around!

Seriously, can they be modded onto other people's M3 steering?

Sorry jaskin, think i have the before and after pics....

Here's a pic that i took before I fitted them on:

I'll go take pics of my steering wheel later....

Cheerio!

Wish I could do the swap too. BTW you just changed the levers only right the electronics are the same?

Just change the levers, that's all. Its a direct replacement for the M3 paddleshifts. :)

TripleM said:
I call it Bat Paddle coz it looks like one but very purposeful...
Something u guys might wanna consider...The key advantage is you can reach the paddles just bout at anywhere when you put your fingers on the steering wheels except if one is digging nose....

I like the design but would rather wait for the anodized black which is coming soon...

Here is the link for more info

http://smgpaddles.com

Would the real owner of 325ci please stand up to share some of your new experience?

Swee2x...

Saw the link liao. The paddles look impressive. Wonder if they disrupt your driving when one is doing a U-turn or making hard left or right turns(since the paddles are extremely long)?

Okay.... Managed to take some pics of my Strassentech-rep paddles!

Too bad I didn't manage to take a comparison pic between the M3 and my rep paddles!

Cheers!

SL2 said:
Saw the link liao. The paddles look impressive. Wonder if they disrupt your driving when one is doing a U-turn or making hard left or right turns(since the paddles are extremely long)?

Wont disrupt coz the paddles turn together with the steering wheel....In fact, it makes shift changes easier after fitted with slighlty longer paddles...

One of the senior members in the US M3 forum praised this mod...a group buy was initiated as a result ....
If not long enough, ask Hymics to custom made for you....u choose the wood u like :lol2:

TripleM said:
Wont disrupt coz the paddles turn together with the steering wheel....In fact, it makes shift changes easier after fitted with slighlty longer paddles...

One of the senior members in the US M3 forum praised this mod...a group buy was initiated as a result ....
If not long enough, ask Hymics to custom made for you....u choose the wood u like :lol2:

Hmm..thought it would hinder a little bit when doing U-turns cos when you are trying to grip the steering, it might just get in the way due to the length. Having said that, I guess once you're used to it, should be ok! Again, the paddles are awesome and would be a good asthetic mod! :cloud9:

Pardon my ignorance but do you need to do anything special to install the paddles? If my car currently do not have the paddles, can I just install them or do I need to do something else to it to install them?

Hello there!

If your car is not fitted with the M-steering, u can't retro-fit the paddles. Its best to get a M-steering with paddleshifts straight from either PML or any of the shops listed in our workshop page.

U can read more here: http://www.bmw-paddleshift-retrofit.com/

Cheers!

SL2 said:
Again, the paddles are awesome and would be a good asthetic mod! :cloud9:
Bro, this is not just an aesthetic mod !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back