Any DAB option or solution for our cars?

Changing the head unit on an e46 is not fun man... big job... will void the warranty too!

I remembered DAB does come in a separate unit..

But then digital radio in Singapore in not 24 hours... Worth it meh ??

It has a long wire that can go to the boot like the CD changer...

Just like the Alpine sideaway set that still uses the stock configuration and allows time alignment on our car.... slurp... :drool:

hi!

my choice... go for a ghost unit (another headunit with DAB functions/possibility for adding on DAB receiver, as well as AUXIN capability). This will:
1. open a whole new ICE modding possibility.
2. still can use your stock unit including all controls on your Multi-function steering wheel control of ur sound system.

Had another thread previously on how this is possible. me currently using a ghost Pioneer 9350 set, so i got TA, DSP control of our headunit. if i want i can actually add in the DAB module... with this configurations.

Just another footnote on the Alpine mentioned by another bro here... the current model (H701) is rumoured (US & JPN ICE threads) to match better using optical-in, so might not be advisable for analog in, as in our e46 case, only analog in possible...

Hope above info helps.

had dab before some 2 years ago. yes, it is clearer than analog FM but there were limited channels. not sure if we have added more channels since then. frankly, it is not worthwhile unless there are as many channels as one can get over traditional analog FM.

Hi Cabdriver, Did it create an all new radio listening pleasure in your case? i.e blasting 91.3 FM on fri and sat nites.

The reception on the stock HU is total crap. So it's either DAB or brand new head unit to resolve lousy reception yah.

piggyboyz said:
I remembered DAB does come in a separate unit..
But then digital radio in Singapore in not 24 hours... Worth it meh ??

hmm... it's 24hrs for mediacorp stations.
except for some of those DAB stations that requires a monthly fee.

MaVrk said:
Hi Cabdriver, Did it create an all new radio listening pleasure in your case? i.e blasting 91.3 FM on fri and sat nites.

The reception on the stock HU is total crap. So it's either DAB or brand new head unit to resolve lousy reception yah.

there's no DAB for 91.3
only mediacorp stations.
e.g 98.7, 93.3, 99.5, 95.0, etc.

there also other stations exclusive to DAB radio.
e,g bloomberg, j-pop, etc

DAB in singapore is called Smart Radio.

this is a link to the DAB car receiver available in singapore.
with prices n where to buy.
http://www.mediacorpradio.com/smartradio/contents/carradioreceiverlist.htm

although i'm not using DAB in my car,
but listening to DAB at home,
n i must say. the quality is really CD-like.
and the main reason i using DAB is coz it displays the title of the song currently playing. :dance:
crucial for people who listens to Lush99.5. :)
at least now i know what i'm listening to..

Hi guys... I have very good news for you. I will soon have a solution for all those who wish to have DAB in their car, whether you want to change your HU, or not.

If you want to change your HU, then there's a Blaupunkt option. The woodstock series is pretty good, and stable. If u use that option, not only will the installation involve having the proper brackets installed for you, you will also retain the use of your steering controls. This I guarantee...

If you want your HU to remain stock, I have one thing coming. I can't say what it is now, but it basically hooks an external DAB unit to your car which give you DAB, without changing your HU. This option gives you total mobility with DAB, but without having to worry about warranties.

As some of you know, I work in Blaupunkt, but I also single handedly manage the brand PURE-Digital (which is for homes). I eat, shit, sleep and breathe DAB... :laughlik:

P.S. 91.3 on DAB??? Akan Datang... :thumbsup: Meanwhile, if you want a clubbing station, there's always Clubplay on DAB. And yes, DAB in Singapore is 24hrs, commercial free...

Charontes said:
there's no DAB for 91.3
only mediacorp stations.
e.g 98.7, 93.3, 99.5, 95.0, etc.

there also other stations exclusive to DAB radio.
e,g bloomberg, j-pop, etc

...for now. like I said, akan datang... There are currently 14 on-air DAB stations. 6 of which are DAB only. This will increase to 19 by end of this year.

DAB in singapore is called Smart Radio.

This applies only to Mediacorp, who's trying to brand a global technology under a local name... not very smart to do that, especially once everyone else jumps on...

this is a link to the DAB car receiver available in singapore.
with prices n where to buy.
http://www.mediacorpradio.com/smartradio/contents/carradioreceiverlist.htm

no need... PM me can liao... ;)

although i'm not using DAB in my car, but listening to DAB at home,

what brand? might be one of mine... :laughlik:

littleblackalfa said:
...for now. like I said, akan datang... There are currently 14 on-air DAB stations. 6 of which are DAB only. This will increase to 19 by end of this year.

there are two more.
RediGold
RediSilver
but they r conditional access services by for Rediffusion and i think are only receivable on special DAB receivers distributed by them.

littleblackalfa said:
what brand? might be one of mine... :laughlik:

i'm using Pure Bug at home.
liked it coz can pause n rewind live radio.
then record onto SD card.
better than downloading from kazaa :inlove:

VL-60715.jpg

Charontes said:
there are two more.
RediGold
RediSilver
but they r conditional access services by for Rediffusion and i think are only receivable on special DAB receivers distributed by them.

yup, thats y i said only 14. I din include those 2. :laughlik:

Charontes said:
i'm using Pure Bug at home.
liked it coz can pause n rewind live radio.
then record onto SD card.
better than downloading from kazaa :inlove:

ooo!!! a supporter!!! :thumbsup: Did you upgrade the SW? I'm glad u like the Bug. Just for that, U want mousepads and kitchen magnets with the Bug? I can have them sent to you if you want... :thumbsup:

er... how's the Bug? any Bugs so far???

actually, you might have gotten it from me personally... :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bong88nyc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back