Any Idea to Nab Scratcher?

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mik said:
Hi Guys,
I need some advice here.
I went on an overseas trip, park my ride in the same lot for 7days, got scratched by some green eye idiot.
It starts from the back door to the petrol cap. deepest scratch is at back door measured 10cm, the scratch is so deep it exposed the 'white' layer underneath the black body.
Heartaching, Fuming :furious:
These few days have been thinking of a way to nab the scratcher. Either I..
1) install camera in car. My friend say no point be'coz police need evidence to show tat fella is 'scratching' your car.
2) install camera in house and beem down at d car.. but how sophistated is d device i need to install? will i be intruding to my neighbours' privacy? how much it would cost me?
I have called the police. they even suggest i put a cover over it so that it may deter them from lifting and scratch. Oh please! I thought a cover would even highlight my anxiousness to protect my ride, I told them mayb my ride would end up scratched together with the cover.

How much it would cost me to repaint?
Any better suggestion to protect my ride from scratcher?
2) install camera in house and beem down at d car.. but how sophistated is d device i need to install? will i be intruding to my neighbours' privacy?

Hi Mik, Sorry to hear about your scratch case..but not to worry..there are experts who can restore it !

The idea has been used before, and it has successfully caught people scratching the owner's car. But identification will be hard if you're staying on high floors etc. Privacy is no issue unless you're beaming into people's houses...

Hope your car gets repaired soon. Next time if you would like to store a car for long periods of time..you can leave it at my place ;) Got garage so you don't have to worry.

Mik,

Simple. Park it in Saudi Arabia. When I was there, heard of a guy who got his arm judicially amputated because he vandalised a car and proceeded to steal stuff from inside. Trust me... such things work! There, I can leave any of my belongings unattended in a public place and it will still be there an hour later.....

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT vandalised....

Mik,

Those ass holes (scratcher) are everywhere in Singapore! There is no way u can gun this fellows dwn. unless caught them redhandled.. but you might wan to noe where are the areas they normally strike..and prevent parking yr ride in thos areas. My colleague's new ride was scratched last mth when he park his car at middle road open carpark near the Guanyin temple... jus merely 10mins away from his car and.. NNB.. 7" deep scratch at the frt door.... His ride is neither blocking any body path or wat soever! :evil:

Bro, things going to happen , will happen.... live with it....we just love our ride too much!! :inlove:

There r quite a few fellow bros here that has their car sprayed pretty often.... I m sure they can give u gd lobang..

Ryan, I m on business trip next mth for 10 days....
:)

Mik,

Have shared a similar experience, except that the damage done was on my rear windscreen. Some idiot threw a half-inch-diameter ball bearing down from high floors. I did not even horn. Reported to the police nonetheless. Nature of offence differs, but feelings towards the damage done to our rides are the same.

So, what to do about these buttholes? For one, you did the right thing by reporting to the authority first. It might not help to apprehend the perpetrator(s), but it will send a strong signal to him or her, and those watching the action. Try it few more times, and one day he or she might land his or her butt in jail without any material gain.

I would say don't bother with the cameras. Installing one in the car does help, only if the perpetrators are not one-timers. Friend in Marsiling had his windscreen smashed because the thief wanted his cash card. In situations like these, having a camera (hidden or installation warned) might not have deterred the culprits, as the police pointed out that it could be a ring from Johor Bahru. Installing a camera at home does not help either, especially in cases where your car is parked in public places as well. Remember, unless it is driven by personal grudges, these vandals often do it out of jealously and impulse, and they could commit the crime anywhere......

As seen, many brothers here have been victimised by these idiots...... solutions and approaches to the problem at hand is aplenty......

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7747&highlight=scratch#7747
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1619&start=0
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1571&start=0

Hymics said:
......I m on business trip next mth for 10 days....

I am getting my maid to clean up my parent's garage to accommodate your E65. I will park my car outside instead.

kenntona said:
Hymics said:

I am getting my maid to clean up my parent's garage to accommodate your E65. I will park my car outside instead.

Bro.. for tat u hv done for me,.... the 2 jug I owe u, change to 1 bottle.... sui boh.... tis week?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can feel your pain..but this is a rather grey area. Police deem if only your car got it...its call a act of mischief. If many cars got it...its call vandalism. What a bunch of crap !! Would like to see their own personal ride get scratch...they prob take out their guns and shoot the SOB. Call it self defence.

I can't offer you much advise on how to prevent any more attacks...but I share with you this site to cheer you up.

http://www.stickdeath.com/2004auto.html

Dun worry...be happy ok !!

Hymics said:

Haha if you're serious, i don't mind. Just let me know when. You can bring along your car cover if you have one... 8)

Hymics said:
Mik,

Those ass holes (scratcher) are everywhere in Singapore! There is no way u can gun this fellows dwn. unless caught them redhandled.. but you might wan to noe where are the areas they normally strike..and prevent parking yr ride in thos areas. My colleague's new ride was scratched last mth when he park his car at middle road open carpark near the Guanyin temple... jus merely 10mins away from his car and.. NNB.. 7" deep scratch at the frt door.... His ride is neither blocking any body path or wat soever! :evil:

Bro, things going to happen , will happen.... live with it....we just love our ride too much!! :inlove:

There r quite a few fellow bros here that has their car sprayed pretty often.... I m sure they can give u gd lobang..

Ryan, I m on business trip next mth for 10 days....

Sir, I can provide car care service as well. No cost needed. I will help run your engine too. Not good to leave it cold and quiet for 10 days.

:) :) :)

SMYUEN said:
Hymics said:
Mik,

Sir, I can provide car care service as well. No cost needed. I will help run your engine too. Not good to leave it cold and quiet for 10 days.

Doc... dont noe why I hv this strange feelin that if I accept yr kind offer, I see my ride in Sepang with u riding it and me still in Thailand... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Hi bros,
great to see an overwhelming feeback.
Mik,

Those ass holes (scratcher) are everywhere in Singapore! There is no way u can gun this fellows dwn. unless caught them redhandled.. but you might wan to noe where are the areas they normally strike..and prevent parking yr ride in thos areas. My colleague's new ride was scratched last mth when he park his car at middle road open carpark near the Guanyin temple... jus merely 10mins away from his car and.. NNB.. 7" deep scratch at the frt door.... His ride is neither blocking any body path or wat soever!

Bro, things going to happen , will happen.... live with it....we just love our ride too much!!

well, u are saying i should move house.. :thinking:

but the police did ever admit that car if parked for a period untouched may invite idiot to scratch. *sign*

Hope your car gets repaired soon. Next time if you would like to store a car for long periods of time..you can leave it at my place Got garage so you don't have to worry.
:wavey: will consider if it really stay unmoved in your garage :thinking:
Sure will paint it. I can even see the scratch from a distance away!! :furious:
well, hopefully they dun strike a 2nd round :furious:

[/quote]

well, u are saying i should move house.. :thinking:

but the police did ever admit that car if parked for a period untouched may invite idiot to scratch. *sign*

Thats what I did but nt what I suggest..... only when my company decided to shift their factory from Sungei Kadut to Tuas, than only I decided to have my beemer.... Sungei Kadut too dusty...

Its difficult for a bunch of idiots to catch another bunch of idiots....

Lets look at the bright side.... it takes that few scratches to love your ride more... cheers!!

Hymics said:
SMYUEN said:
Hymics said:
Mik,

Doc... dont noe why I hv this strange feelin that if I accept yr kind offer, I see my ride in Sepang with u riding it and me still in Thailand... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dont worry.. I will not let you or your beautiful 7 down. Its time the E46 saw the true prowess of the 7. hee hee hee. :twisted:

But back to serious things, if I promise I wont bring it to sepang will you let me take care of your car? you really shoulnt leave it idling for so long you know. You must trust me. :thumbsup:

SMYUEN said:
Hymics said:
SMYUEN said:
Hymics said:
Mik,

Dont worry.. I will not let you or your beautiful 7 down. Its time the E46 saw the true prowess of the 7. hee hee hee. :twisted:

But back to serious things, if I promise I wont bring it to sepang will you let me take care of your car? you really shoulnt leave it idling for so long you know. You must trust me. :thumbsup:

Ok lah bro.... I shall consider letting u babysit my ride when I m away.. lets discuss in detials cuming Sunday meetup...... jus 4 yr infor n seriously, he prefer Zaino products to other brands... 8)

Hymics said:
SMYUEN said:
Hymics said:
SMYUEN said:
Hymics said:
Mik,

Ok lah bro.... I shall consider letting u babysit my ride when I m away.. lets discuss in detials cuming Sunday meetup...... jus 4 yr infor n seriously, he prefer Zaino products to other brands... 8)

SURE!!! I got zaino products no problem. But its gonna be sweat big time zaino-ing your entire car leh!

Ok, shall discuss this sunday. With your ride maybe can convince my dad at home BMWs are in many ways better than merc and lexus.. :roll:

Think he is biased.. :roll:

Cheers!

Hymics said:
will consider if it really stay unmoved in your garage

Haha.. well, you know it's not good to let it idle for too long also. You must understand that ignorance is bliss sometimes. ;)

Mik, you can check out our workshop page to see the workshops that we all frequent. In no ranking order, Mike, ah boon and Yew Lip.

Ok, so if you nab the moron in the act. What would we all do? Personally, I would spray pepper spray in his eyes. then kick him in the nuts.

jaskin said:
Ok, so if you nab the moron in the act. What would we all do? Personally, I would spray pepper spray in his eyes. then kick him in the nuts.

Call me when you are upholding justice.

jaskin said:

Scratch his arse with paper cutters !!!

:furious: :furious:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back