Any noise after rims upgrade at high speed

Dear fellow F30 owners,

if you have already changed to 19" or 20" aftermarket rims for your ride, do you hear any bearings hissing noise when driving above 160.

Any good aftermarket brand, please recommend. Mine is 28i.

Any noise after rims upgrade at high speed

Bro at that speed all I hear is the howling of the wind noises coming thru the window seals

Re: Any noise after rims upgrade at high speed

That's mean u did not switch on radio. Sound from radio would definitely be higher than ambient noise at that speed.

Check your wheel balancing.......

thanks folks for your inputs.
I have dog's ears la:), so I can tell clearly the noise are from the wheels. For your info, the noise does not exist when previously on stock rims. When checked with pml, guess their answer, because yours are not original rims, hence the noise.

i ever pump at 98 rpm. i hear alot of piak piak piak piak. better dun pump or drive that fast. if ur spare tire is fat

dynastywarriors;948499 said:
I have dog's ears la:), so I can tell clearly the noise are from the wheels. For your info, the noise does not exist when previously on stock rims. When checked with pml, guess their answer, because yours are not original rims, hence the noise.

pml sibei sart.

dynastywarriors said:
When checked with pml, guess their answer, because yours are not original rims, hence the noise.

Wahahahahahahaha..............................

Yah its true.. because yours are not original rims, hence the noise.

If your car was under warranty, it's now voided.

dynastywarriors;948499 said:
Even you got dog ears, you might not hear it as BMW radio very sart 1. It wiill compensate for the increase in ambient noise. Since you can hear the noise clearly, it means that u need to bang table for the not so sart radio.

dynastywarriors;948515 said:
rims will not void warranty. In my opinion, warranty void only if you tweak the ECU.

ur opinionis worth trimpleM's sai.

I.E.
JACKSHITT....

kenntona;948496 said:
Check your wheel balancing.......

at 160 with wheels not balanced, number 1 concern would be the vibrations, and any hissing noise would be secondary

sandman369 said:
at 160 with wheels not balanced, number 1 concern would be the vibrations, and any hissing noise would be secondary

I doubt threadstarter can tell whether the noise comes from the wheels or the tyres....

dynastywarriors;948515 said:
rims will not void warranty. In my opinion, warranty void only if you tweak the ECU.

It will only void the warranty of those parts related to the wheel. E.g. wheel shaft, brakes, suspension etc.

However, pml might tell you that due to your aftermarket rims, it actually disturbed your shaft and bearings, which in turn stress out your suspension. That also mean your car will need more effort to run, which in turn stress out your engine, which in turn also affect your exhaust system. The exhaust system will probably vibrates more and the vibration actually weakens your car body and then anything comes in contact with the car body will also be affected etc... in the end I am really not too sure which are the parts are left warranted... ;-)

snowmanyee;948545 said:
It will only void the warranty of those parts related to the wheel. E.g. wheel shaft, brakes, suspension etc.

However, pml might tell you that due to your aftermarket rims, it actually disturbed your shaft and bearings, which in turn stress out your suspension. That also mean your car will need more effort to run, which in turn stress out your engine, which in turn also affect your exhaust system. The exhaust system will probably vibrates more and the vibration actually weakens your car body and then anything comes in contact with the car body will also be affected etc... in the end I am really not too sure which are the parts are left warranted... ;-)

I refer you to this answer...

Oilman;948509 said:
If your car was under warranty, it's now voided.

snowmanyee;948545 said:

Ur bombing skills too high level. Can go be politican/ lawyer liao

Will aftermarket rims void warranty?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
socoliveztv

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups