• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

anyone know history of this ride ??

Re: anyone know history of this ride ??

con;438509 said:
Used BMW 320IA Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart

would like to buy an E36... saw this post but would like to know more abt this ride... does the owner belong to this forum ?? or anyone use to own this ride... thank alot for all e useful reply

This car was modified by BVO and converted to 325 internals with high revs by changing the lifters and crank......has tremndous pulling power but brakes pull to left side........
Was owned think by a banker or somrting ..but told him to change the OR BIANG rear lights.....Condition i will give is CAT C8)

CXheers!! Hope that helps

dis is one hell of a car..superb pulling power..got high cams somemore..known the previous owner before the last one..bt hav to agree the rear tail lights r major turn off!!!all in all great car!

thank for the useful info... btw is e price worth it or consider on e high side ?? this kinda ride easy to get loan ma ??

Loan also depend on yrself mah.. stable job stable income they can provide u in-house loan.. but do note the interest is oso "in-house" loh

fair price...

but the fun part with buying such cars is doing it up yourself.

con;438857 said:
thank for the useful info... btw is e price worth it or consider on e high side ?? this kinda ride easy to get loan ma ??

i think its direct owner sale so you have to go look around for loans yourself.
can forget abt the banks though....try the financing co or see if any dealership wanna makan the loan.

the only bank that might loan is Maybank, give it a shot. Or try Alpine Credit see if they can help you. I went to Alpine Credit for my E36 prvt. owner sale

credit review very tight nowadays so Maybank might be the only shot.....private credit or dealer loans are the next best alternatives but anyway, not worth stretching oneself bcos of a car.....or else feel very siong....besides, its not just the loan, have to factor in petrol etc and repairs besides the loan instalment even if u get it.....oops, paiseh...my accounting mind at work...kena audit for 3 weeks liao...brain all fried up...haha

thank every bro for tat useful info... reali appreciate it... as for those finanace company roughly how high is their interest rate ?? as i jus started working onli got 1 year income prove around 20+k annual... in this case roughly hw much will they loan me ?? is it possible to full loan ??

con;438960 said:
thank every bro for tat useful info... reali appreciate it... as for those finanace company roughly how high is their interest rate ?? as i just started working onli got 1 year income prove around 20+k annual... in this case roughly hw much will they loan me ?? is it possible to full loan ??

No lah ....bro the farker finance company will only extend the loan of 70% of the coe price or remainding value and perhaps plus 2 to 3 k of the car body:shakehea: ,,,,,so dont expect much help from them MFkers!

Interest rate for COE cars are 5%.....very high!!!
you will probably paying more interest than paying the car....unless buying it all cash...........

cheers

tat why i got to keep my ride lor... tough to get a loan from bank unless in house loan shark.

nice ride but again the EG taillight sucks... . but confirm not the fastest E36 in-line 6 - collin claim his the fastest no horse run!

bro is a e36 ver high maintainance ?? is e wear n tear part ver ex ??? manuel or auto will be a better choice... sorry so many question to pop out

Hi Con, I was in a similar situation as you. Looking for a old COE car. Was considering between an E36 320iA or a Merc W124 200E. Finally decided on the E36. Will be getting the car soon.

As for maintence cost, old car sure got spoil here and there. Maybe the old bird E36 owners can advice better here. But if the car loan is already stretching you to the max, you probably should reconsider. Because in case (touchwood) something major spoil you'll be really stuck.

BTW, anyone know the history of a Dark grey E36 320iA, number plate SB*2507* ?

ya was hoping to hear more from the old bird in e forum as im sure some of them used to own this model.... im looking more into the performance for the ride as i adore the looks of the E36... can any bro here enlighten me abt the potential of E36 and which E36 model would be a better base for modification ??

First of all, we do need to know that BM is a heavy drinker, esp if it is an auto. Next for a 2 litre engine COE car, the road tax is abt $1800 per year. Insurance be another $800 min. Then come your monthly instalement.. These factors will make the ownership of such car abit hard to bear if i din read u wrongly. " as i jus started working onli got 1 year income prove around 20+k annual..."

Secondly being an old car, along the way there be wear and tear to replace. If you unlucky, a major job may pop up. Parts are getting more expensive, you can compare the price of spares. For example a Aircon speed switch selector used to cost abt $80 and recently i asked.. double.. $160. So you do need to allocate some fund to upkeep the car.

I am not discouraging you to own a BM, but looking at 20k annual salary i won't touch a BM.

My my opinion.

Ody_2004 is right, ur salary maybe tough to TLC the E36 unless u brought it fully paid or min installment.
And if u buy the ride u post, petrol will be another $450 - $500 ! 7-8 km/litre or less.
But again E36 is a reliable daily car, u just have to do ur sum.

Our E36 bros who own workshop & BVO have the solution for u @ reasonable price.
Over my yrs with E36, one thing i learn, just rem to change before it break down can liao.
I never give E36 a chance to fail to start. Just keep $3000 - $5000 in saving for any wear & tear. But again if u get a good one - nothing seems trouble & u enjoy the ride. Most likely is we itchy backside want more for our E36 to produce & performance.
When i got my ride, i change all the oil seal, belts, all fuel piping etc.. after 7yrs i repeat the process again. Just take note ur water pump only $90 brand new which will save ur engine from overheating. Mine breakdown after 7yrs. Other than tat all spendings were for cosmetic & performance which is a poisonous virus easily can kanna from Club Sandy chairman.

con;438982 said:
ya was hoping to hear more from the old bird in e forum as im sure some of them used to own this model.... im looking more into the performance for the ride as i adore the looks of the E36... can any bro here enlighten me abt the potential of E36 and which E36 model would be a better base for modification ??

Before you talk about modding, make sure you secure a more or less problem free car first. Most E36 are 13-18years old. There is alot to think about before modding. ody_2004 made good points about FC, Road Tax and in general, mantainence by most of the guys. Think wisely.

thank to all the bro whom hav posted reply... reali appreciated ur help... maybe i should do up my sum first... if i need any help will look for u all... enjoy ur weekends :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafabetcomde

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back