anyone on good year f1 gsd-3???

Mr.Audibum
Pak DJ has just recently fitted these tyres in his car
Check with him bro

Cheers

Yes, that's right. My W211 has the Goodyear F1 GSD3 tyres on them.

I got my 245/40/18 tyres at $350 each from Hock Tyre at 15 Kallang Way 3 (tel 6746 6686). At this price, it was at least $150 to $180 cheaper than the equivalent sized Michelin PS2s.

I think the GSD3 tyres provide quite good grip in both dry and wet and the noise level is also very acceptable. The V-thread is quite garang and helps to disperse water in the wet. Only thing is that it is uni-directional which means that you will only be able to rotate the GSD3 tyres back to front. I can't compare it against the PS2s, Rossos or SOCs as I have never used them before.

But at its price level, I think the GSD3s are very good value for money. No wonder they are often out of stock in Singapore.

I went for them mainly due to (i) its price, and (ii) its excellent rating for wet grip (which I rate as quite important as this is when we need the grip the most).

If you track your car often, then from the feedback I hear from high-performance car owners, go for PS2s and SO3s.

If you only drive fast & furious on the NS and other highways, then the GSD3s are more than sufficient, I think.

I got my 245/40/18 tyres at $350 each from Hock Tyre at 15 Kallang Way 3 (tel 6746 6686). At this price, it was at least $150 to $180 cheaper than the equivalent sized Michelin PS2s.

I think the GSD3 tyres provide quite good grip in both dry and wet and the noise level is also very acceptable. The V-thread is quite garang and helps to disperse water in the wet. Only thing is that it is uni-directional which means that you will only be able to rotate the GSD3 tyres back to front. I can't compare it against the PS2s, Rossos or SOCs as I have never used them before.

But at its price level, I think the GSD3s are very good value for money. No wonder they are often out of stock in Singapore.

I went for them mainly due to (i) its price, and (ii) its excellent rating for wet grip (which I rate as quite important as this is when we need the grip the most).

If you track your car often, then from the feedback I hear from high-performance car owners, go for PS2s and SO3s.

If you only drive fast & furious on the NS and other highways, then the GSD3s are more than sufficient, I think.

The Mixmaster said:

tks for your feedback mixmaster, will see if i can find a place in sg with stock....

hiz

i can try to find for u bro

msg mi at 98368640
POH HENG TYRES
AMK AVE 10 BLK 4002

we are an agent for goodyear tyres

Re: anyone on good year f1 gsd-3???

audibum said:
cheapest 225/40/18s is about 300 each savings of 120 over pilot sports 2....rated so much better than rossos....wet grip rating is best in class leh...

I was quoted S$250 each late last year. donno if prices went up or not... :)

BMouseW said:
audibum said:
cheapest 225/40/18s is about 300 each savings of 120 over pilot sports 2....rated so much better than rossos....wet grip rating is best in class leh...

I was quoted S$250 each late last year. donno if prices went up or not... :)

wah, weehion where were you quoted from?

that's excellent....for 18s...almost half price from PS2s...

they're rated very well in tirerack

These GSD3 tyres are manufactured in Germany and apparently based on and tested for high speed driving on the Autobahn.

If you can secure these GSD3 tyres, then one comforting to know is that they will likely be fresh stock since they are in such short supply.

"that's excellent....for 18s...almost half price from PS2s..."

Wilman knows this guy very well, that time he had 4 sets and ask me to take 1 set at S$1k. But I got frighten off when someone told me it could be manufactured in thailand, that's why so cheap. But like what mixmaster said, they are made in Germany. I will let you know when i meet you... :)

BMouseW said:
"that's excellent....for 18s...almost half price from PS2s..."

Wilman knows this guy very well, that time he had 4 sets and ask me to take 1 set at S$1k. But I got frighten off when someone told me it could be manufactured in thailand, that's why so cheap. But like what mixmaster said, they are made in Germany. I will let you know when i meet you... :)

i'm off to bkk tomorow and won't be back till mon, so no PDC tomorow.

next week i'm off to bali for work and prob not make it for pdc again...sms me lah, tks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back