Anyone renew COE for their BMW 5 series?

ahzq17

Hi,

I am wondering if there is anyone who has renewed their BMW 5 series?

What will be the maintenance cost like after renewal?

Thank you!

I guess those who extend must be very confident of their own car condition...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am wondering if there is anyone who has renewed their BMW 5 series?

What will be the maintenance cost like after renewal?

Thank you!

After renewing COE, you have to be aware that your road tax will increase annually as well - until 150% of original if I am not mistaken.

So do consider that into your calculations.

Not only Road Tax 150%

Insurance also higher and only third party

Mine is 9.5 years old and 127K km

Also dont know worth to renew or not:(

Not only Road Tax 150%

Insurance also higher and only third party

Mine is 9.5 years old and 127K km

Also dont know worth to renew or not:(
I think insurance will be cheaper as insurance is pegged to the car value. Yes only 3rd party, meaning if other people claim you, your insurance will cover but you cannot claim against your own insurance.

Your mileage is pretty low so you can consider, if the current car prices is too high for your budget. Whatever the current car condition, to take it beyond the 10th year mark, it would be better to change the essential stuff like transmission, mounting, seals, shocks, the works. Set aside 10K or so and you should have a good 3-4 years more before the next change. Work this into your budget and you should have a clearer picture to renew or not. cheers

I think insurance will be cheaper as insurance is pegged to the car value. Yes only 3rd party, meaning if other people claim you, your insurance will cover but you cannot claim against your own insurance.

Your mileage is pretty low so you can consider, if the current car prices is too high for your budget. Whatever the current car condition, to take it beyond the 10th year mark, it would be better to change the essential stuff like transmission, mounting, seals, shocks, the works. Set aside 10K or so and you should have a good 3-4 years more before the next change. Work this into your budget and you should have a clearer picture to renew or not. cheers

Thanks for the reply bro

Those big items of this E60 lci 523i had been replaced

Actually I don't mind to renew coe but I noticed the fuel consumption has been increasing

5 years ago about 9.5km/L

Then became 8.5km/L

Now 7km/L

All these years this car was maintained by Rod @ R2D

Same driving route and style

I asked Rod to check the car but nothing found

So strange

That's why I was wondering will the consumption increase further or not?

Thanks for the reply bro

Those big items of this E60 lci 523i had been replaced

Actually I don't mind to renew coe but I noticed the fuel consumption has been increasing

5 years ago about 9.5km/L

Then became 8.5km/L

Now 7km/L

All these years this car was maintained by Rod @ R2D

Same driving route and style

I asked Rod to check the car but nothing found

So strange

That's why I was wondering will the consumption increase further or not?
Increasing fuel consumption are usually associated with loss of power. Either the torque converter is not working as efficiently as before or the transmission is taking longer to change gears. This can be easily detected by intermitten metal clunking sounds here and there when accelerating/decelerating or changing gears.

Possibly could be worn pistons that are not punching out the same power for the same strokes.... either that or the family has grown... lol

Increasing fuel consumption are usually associated with loss of power. Either the torque converter is not working as efficiently as before or the transmission is taking longer to change gears. This can be easily detected by intermitten metal clunking sounds here and there when accelerating/decelerating or changing gears.

Possibly could be worn pistons that are not punching out the same power for the same strokes.... either that or the family has grown... lol

Hmmm...then better get my parf back and change to 116d liao

Cheap and good lor

G30 is beyond reach

Thanks so much for your information

Have a great week ahead bro!!!

Hmmm...then better get my parf back and change to 116d liao

Cheap and good lor

G30 is beyond reach

Thanks so much for your information

Have a great week ahead bro!!!

Why not a used F30, F48 or another F10? Can't imagine the drastic cabin size changes between your 5 and a 1 series.

Why not a used F30, F48 or another F10? Can't imagine the drastic cabin size changes between your 5 and a 1 series.

Used F10,30 or48 still expensive right?

I knew 116d is so small like Swift:(

Economy so bad no choice lor...sob sob

Used F10,30 or48 still expensive right?

I knew 116d is so small like Swift:(

Economy so bad no choice lor...sob sob
Yes, buying car in singapore no joke. Dont make enemies with your wallet. No need to restrict to BMW or continental, should consider Jap if wallet too light. Price for new 116d can get a Odyssey and fit all + pets

Yes, buying car in singapore no joke. Dont make enemies with your wallet. No need to restrict to BMW or continental, should consider Jap if wallet too light. Price for new 116d can get a Odyssey and fit all + pets

Totally agreed!!!

I am considering the Harrier @ BM:)

But seems like 170k for a Jap Car is really too much lor:(

PPSL used 5er or 3er also still expensive:D

Totally agreed!!!

That would be a nice ride.

Its not really too much, if you compare and look at things in perspective.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/cont...ain_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Look especially for the BMW 116d at rows 14, columns 17, 19 and 21. Compare that with the Harrier at row 235, you can see that the Harrier is more value for your hard earned money. I personally think that the warranty provided by PML do not warrant a 35k premium.

That would be a nice ride.

Its not really too much, if you compare and look at things in perspective.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/cont...ain_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Look especially for the BMW 116d at rows 14, columns 17, 19 and 21. Compare that with the Harrier at row 235, you can see that the Harrier is more value for your hard earned money. I personally think that the warranty provided by PML do not warrant a 35k premium.

Oh ok noted with thanks:)

Now i understand what you mean after looking at the pdf:D

From there i notice BM markup for Harrier is 20246/152988 : 13.23% ;)

Whereas PML for 116d is 35710/124800 : 28.61% o_O

I hope that i understand the table correctly:p

Oh ok noted with thanks:)

Now i understand what you mean after looking at the pdf:D

From there i notice BM markup for Harrier is 20246/152988 : 13.23% ;)

Whereas PML for 116d is 35710/124800 : 28.61% o_O

I hope that i understand the table correctly:p
Yep, but the difference is that 1 is a huge SUV from Japan, while the other is a compact hatchback from Germany. Its up to the individual's preference

Totally agreed!!!

If you were to compare like-for-like other than just price-for-price, you would find that 170K for the Harrier is actually a good bargain because you are getting more space for less buck. You should be comparing Harrier to the likes of an X3/X5, Sorento, etc. So in order to get a Bimmer equivalent, you'd have to cough up another 40-60K more for an X3.

So if that makes sense for you, then you shouldn't be looking at a 116d - else you would need to compare it against a Ford Focus Wagon, Infiniti Q30, etc.

Yep, but the difference is that 1 is a huge SUV from Japan, while the other is a compact hatchback from Germany. Its up to the individual's preference

Big space cum more value for money:)

If you were to compare like-for-like other than just price-for-price, you would find that 170K for the Harrier is actually a good bargain because you are getting more space for less buck. You should be comparing Harrier to the likes of an X3/X5, Sorento, etc. So in order to get a Bimmer equivalent, you'd have to cough up another 40-60K more for an X3.

So if that makes sense for you, then you shouldn't be looking at a 116d - else you would need to compare it against a Ford Focus Wagon, Infiniti Q30, etc.

This is true...maybe i am looking at the price tag instead of size:(

Civic to E46 to E60...times are bad...hmmm time to go back to SuShi Brand:p

ToTo Big Sweep no luck...HaiZZZZ

This is true...maybe i am looking at the price tag instead of size:(

Civic to E46 to E60...times are bad...hmmm time to go back to SuShi Brand:p

ToTo Big Sweep no luck...HaiZZZZ
There's no shame or regret in prudence. You are much more than the car brand that you drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
66sin88com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back