Anyway to disable the anti-glare function of side and rear view mirrors?

Citizen69

I find it very difficult to drive at night, as the anti-glare is almost always on due to high traffic on highway, resulting in the only image I can see on the mirrors are round lights. makes it a bit difficult to change lane because i need to focus longer to see how far the 'lights' are.

is there anything we can apply or whatever to lessen or remove the anti-glare effect? thanks!

Re: Anyway to disable the anti-glare function of side and rear view mirrors?

There is a round sensor on the rear view mirror . Just stick a small sticker over it.

Did u tint your front windows too dark?

horrible;921118 said:
Did u tint your front windows too dark?

Even when I wind down the windows, the view on the side mirrors is very dark. Its more like the views are very clear when the road behind me is empty. The moment some vehicles come into view with their headlights shining, the anti-glare will turn on automatically!

I shall try the sticker method and look for it on the side mirrors as well. Thanks all!

The rear view auto sensor will disable all the side mirrors as well. That's master one and will not have on the side mirror..

Citizen69;921078 said:
I find it very difficult to drive at night, as the anti-glare is almost always on due to high traffic on highway, resulting in the only image I can see on the mirrors are round lights. makes it a bit difficult to change lane because i need to focus longer to see how far the 'lights' are.

is there anything we can apply or whatever to lessen or remove the anti-glare effect? thanks!

I do not mind the rear view mirror anti-glare, but couldnt stand the side-view mirror anti-glare. Ended up i plucked out the side view mirrors, and disconnected a connector at the back of the mirror.

That way I have the anti-glare for rear view mirror, but not the side view.

5 series, rear mirror don't have On/Off switch?

Last edited by a moderator:

chaser79;921365 said:
I do not mind the rear view mirror anti-glare, but couldnt stand the side-view mirror anti-glare. Ended up i plucked out the side view mirrors, and disconnected a connector at the back of the mirror.

That way I have the anti-glare for rear view mirror, but not the side view.

Wah, you guys really the can! I pluck out and thats it! Mirror hanging by the side.....

Citizen69;921078 said:
I find it very difficult to drive at night, as the anti-glare is almost always on due to high traffic on highway, resulting in the only image I can see on the mirrors are round lights. makes it a bit difficult to change lane because i need to focus longer to see how far the 'lights' are....
Does your side view mirror has a vertical line? Those vertical line is an indication to you how far behind is a vehicle or even head light is behind u on the left or right. As long as the vehicle/light remains on the inner side of the mirror before the vertical line i.e. not on e outer side of the mirror, e vehicle behind is approx one car length behind.

Of course, turning our heads to check blindspot is still necessary.

Cents.

Citizen69;921455 said:
Wah, you guys really the can! I pluck out and thats it! Mirror hanging by the side.....

of course i put back the mirror after disconnecting the anti-glare connector la.....

actually can programme the car to remove the options code. the car has 2 different options code for autodim mirrors, one for rearview mirror and one for side mirrors. changing the option code for the side mirror from the one for auto dim to one just for folding will remove the autodim function and keep the folding function.

removing the plug on the back of the glass works as well but make sure the connector is well wrapped to prevent water damage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleMcKinney
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back