Automatic boot close

Re: Automatic boot close

Hey bonedoc,

Will try. But it's so early....hope to see u guys and all the mods done :yummie:

You can try asking Kelvin at Soundwerkz (one of the site sponsors)

He was looking into soft close doors n I think boot as well

BoneDoc;855339 said:
You can try asking Kelvin at Soundwerkz (one of the site sponsors)

He was looking into soft close doors n I think boot as well

Wah, if really can auto close boot like my F02, I sure do! Wifey non stop complain that closing the boot is such a heavy hassle.

Bros, this is super car, don't expect to much luxury comforts lah pls!

It's not really a hardcore sports car mah... more like a bloated Grand Tourer :) Hoping for luxury AND sportiness hehehe

wobbles;855520 said:
It's not really a hardcore sports car mah... more like a bloated Grand Tourer :) Hoping for luxury AND sportiness hehehe

Mine is a super car and the rest are hoping to keep up with me, hahahahhaa!

We are not alone with our frustrations with this

Southern6er22: BMW 650i xDrive Coupe

ONE QUESTION STILL UNANSWERED: Why doesn't this car have a power/automatic trunk?!?! This is extremely annoying on a daily basis, and I always feel stupid when I have to manually close my trunk when the soccer mom in the $45k Lexus next to me can push a button. My sexy, $100k coupe shouldn't be one-upped by a middle-aged, middle-class woman toting Avon and the knee nibblers. Another problem I have with the trunk is that it is very hard to close in the coupe. In the convertible, all you have to do is get the lid started in the right direction. In the coupe, however, you have to pull it shut wih a decent bit of force to make sure that trunk latches and doesn't just go down and then pop back up (see video below).

Trunk Operation - YouTube

Hi All,

New to this forum as I just got delivery of the 640i coupe last week. I couldn't agree more that the auto boot close feature would definitely be a great feature to have. Have checked with EleBest and it's possible to do, but requires some retrofitting of a "motor". The estimated cost quoted to me was about $1.1k for the retrofit. Corresponded with Max from EleBest. Thought I'd share this info :)

- Gary

Bro Tanad27, I can tell you that it wasn't even available as an option that I could indent (and as you know, mine was an individual-spec-indented-wait-6-months-no-sunroof-kanna-LTA-homologation car).

BMW, IMHO, dropped the ball big time on this one...

How come F10 got but not F13? Time for bro wobbles 18 dragon palm.....

GaryL;856015 said:
Hi All,

New to this forum as I just got delivery of the 640i coupe last week. I couldn't agree more that the auto boot close feature would definitely be a great feature to have. Have checked with EleBest and it's possible to do, but requires some retrofitting of a "motor". The estimated cost quoted to me was about $1.1k for the retrofit. Corresponded with Max from EleBest. Thought I'd share this info :)

- Gary

Hi Gary

Welcome! What color is yours?

You and Tanad should cone and join us on the 29th for our first ever get together F12/13/06 6ers

We have possibly up to 10 guys coming at the moment. Go to this thread and add your names.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/6-series-owners/64326-bmw-6-series-meet-up-17.html

st8800;856058 said:
How come F10 got but not F13? Time for bro wobbles 18 dragon palm.....

Well, at least F02 got auto close... So, 1/2 got, 1/2 don't.... still not so bad hehehehehe.

Cannot simply chut dragon palm... Must save for "special occasions"... :lol2:

BoneDoc;856149 said:
Hi Gary

Welcome! What color is yours?

You and Tanad should cone and join us on the 29th for our first ever get together F12/13/06 6ers

We have possibly up to 10 guys coming at the moment. Go to this thread and add your names.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/6-series-owners/64326-bmw-6-series-meet-up-17.html

Hi BoneDoc,

Thanks for the invite. Would love to join this first meet-up, but unfortunately I'll be travelling during this period for a company meeting. Will definitely try to make it for the second one in the future.

Mine's an Orion Silver - got something that easier to maintain. Previous car was black and it was really a pain to keep it looking clean and shiny.

Catch up soon :)

- Gary

tanad27;855312 said:
Hi guys, anyone know if we add this function ? Really wished I had selected this option.

Thks

Hi , Yes can be done. I did mine for only 20sg.. mine is F10 535.. any F10 that comes with the auto close button on the boot will be able to program this.

John74;856890 said:
Hi , Yes can be done. I did mine for only 20sg.. mine is F10 535.. any F10 that comes with the auto close button on the boot will be able to program this.

Bro, we don't have a button to close our boot leh....

John74;856890 said:

Hi John74, can you share your contact on where you did the programming? I have a F10 535 as well, and like this feature. Thanks!

48X;856958 said:
Hi John74, can you share your contact on where you did the programming? I have a F10 535 as well, and like this feature. Thanks!

Did mine at first east center . Max at 84149540. 20sg. Cheers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelissaChambers

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back