available exhaust systems for Z4 2.5L

reisa

hi guys, wad are the available exhaust systems for the Z4 2.5?

pass or fail ones are ok.. jus want to know the brands available and also sound wise :)

thanks for helping

Re: available exhaust systems for Z4 2.5L

Remus....Fong Kim carries it.....bassy, not bad...a little loud.
Super Sprint....Jeep Chee carries it...havent listened to it
ACS.....PML carries it, nice throaty sound
Sebring....Juzz4Cars carries it...havnet listend to it
Hamann....Phoenix Enterprise carried/carries it (dunno went bankrupt already or not)....havent listened to it

Those are the legal ones.

Eisenmann...Illegal....listened before but from vid clip. It's awesome.
One of the guys here will hv this installed in a couple of weeks time

hamann legal meh? the last i heard still not approved yet. i was seriously thinking about hamann despite that, but what put me off was the lousy follow up by phoenix. rubbish service that actually makes PML look good in comparison.

Yeah approved leh AFAIK

P.E is hopeless...never like to deal with them anymore after one time biz.

PML service is lousy but their parts dept is ok rite....

no lah, i was referring to PML in general. the parts department itself is actually quite good, although the uncle there a bit grumpy, the others are quite accomodating and friendly.

how come so many people getting z4 these days ah? cheap sale since the facelift is out izzit?

Coz people now start realizing how beautiful the car is and and how superb the handling is..

TripleM said:
Remus....Fong Kim carries it.....bassy, not bad...a little loud.
Super Sprint....Jeep Chee carries it...havent listened to it
ACS.....PML carries it, nice throaty sound
Sebring....Juzz4Cars carries it...havnet listend to it
Hamann....Phoenix Enterprise carried/carries it (dunno went bankrupt already or not)....havent listened to it...

hihi... out of curiosity... would there be a workshop that carries all the above brands?? n i'm assuming they will also give LTA certs when they sell u the exhausts rite even if its just exhaust tips?

thanks...

basket... i don't feel special anymore.

funny thing is, i was at PML alexandra yesterday and noticed that the latest price list doesn't include the Z4 anymore... so i guess this means they're clearing old stock and waiting for the facelift to arrive?

exhaust tips only no need cert la...

i tot so too la... but just being a little KS la... thanks

so as for the 1 stop workshop for Exhausts?? any suggestions pls?

Fong Kim does alot of welding/cutting/operating stuff
Or Jeep Chee and ManExhaust too.

Louis
Dont worry too much will ya?....., just enjoy your Z4. It's a great car :)

Are there any LTA approved Quad pipes?

I just installed my Eisenmann on 2.5L a week ago......and just took out the resonators and put on straight pipe today.
Damn boy, it sounds awesome......i think lower end torque is a little better than with resonator.
This is the sound:
Eisenmann with resonator=bassy at low rpm, then the sound is gone over 3500 rpm.....all you can hear is engine sound. The sound didn't satisfied me at all.
Eisenmann without resonator=just a bit louder than with resonator, sound at lower rpm is a lttile less bassy with raspier tone, at higher rpm.....the sound is mean and sharp without any bassy tone. I am in love with the sound. Doesn't give u a headache when u drive for a long time compared to other bassy exhaust, since the sound is sharp not bassy at higher rpms.
Eisenmann is made without any wool put inside which give raspy sound more than bassy compared to like Remus and other brands.

Trust me, try Eisenmann witout resonator. You'll never regret it.
I'll post up some sound clip pretty soon.

Or if you want a cheaper alternative eissenman quads, fabricate a custom quad system at an exhaust shop. Make sure the guy good at cutting ah, you don't want him to cut wrongly. HEHE

I did it on mine, BOY, the quads sounds so s-w-e-e-t =).
Gains on the highs although the mid range suffers. We'll try to go back to the shop to see if he can do anything to restore my mids. Feels empty without it.

COOL.

cupholders;571054 said:
Or if you want a cheaper alternative eissenman quads, fabricate a custom quad system at an exhaust shop. Make sure the guy good at cutting ah, you don't want him to cut wrongly. HEHE

I did it on mine, BOY, the quads sounds so s-w-e-e-t =).
Gains on the highs although the mid range suffers. We'll try to go back to the shop to see if he can do anything to restore my mids. Feels empty without it.

COOL.

Nice sound indeed.........(sounds fast).

cheers

Great reviews here. Any Z4s on Remus currently care to share experience and feedback? Video/sound clips best. :)

valjean;624825 said:
Great reviews here. Any Z4s on Remus currently care to share experience and feedback? Video/sound clips best. :)

You getting the Remus ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back