• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

bad deal with CSL aka Alex

louis

Legendary 10 Years
hi,

my deal with CSL, real name Alex, fell through and i felt he was in violation of para 5 of the buyer/seller feedback guidelines :

"5. Any member advertising goods for sale that is not fullfilling his or her end of an agreed upon bargain or any member attempting to purchase goods without the intention of paying will be summarily banned from BMW.SG. Please note that in the case of negative feedback the accused will be allowed one rubuttal per comment to the accusation and their banishment from the boards will come under review. Non-acknowledgement (response to PMs or email from admins or mods) of the accusation will be taken as an of admittance of guilt."

deal was to purchase 2 of my tires and was agreed upon on saturday 19th aug.
all the terms and conditions were set out in my initial ad, including the price i was asking for, the type of tires he would be purchasing as well as the original price i had purchased these tires for.

he had ample time to clarify anything he wanted but he did not ask anything other than price and if i was possible to purchase 2 tires only.

ad is here: http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bazaar...471-wts-again-225-45-17-goodyear-f1-gsd3.html

so on 20th aug, sunday, i reconfirmed with him again if the deal was still on and he said yes. i messaged him AND called him. i told him that once he confirms i would remove my tires FOR HIM and leave them there till he collected. he agreed.

i had initially wanted to collect payment or deposit first but he said he was still cycling at east coast. i then offered to meet later in the evening, he was again not keen and said he would definitely go down for sure on monday 21st aug. i took his word. silly me.

today, 21 aug, he backed out stating that he did not want my tires anymore because these were manufactured in thailand. i clarified with him that:

1) it was obvious that with an original price of $160, that these were from thailand
2) after having spoken to the tire shops, i was told that only thai made are available in 225/45/17 size as german ones have been out of stock for a while.

now, after re-reading my ad, i realised that someone else had also made references to the country of origin of these tires so the info was all there for him.

so now :

1) i've taken out the 2 tires for him and they're sitting at the shop waiting to be collected.
2) i've bought a new set of tires so its not possible for me to take these goodyears back again
3) because it was his request to purchase only 2 tires, i had to make arrangements to sell only 2 to another buyer and now i don't have a complete set for sale.

i've always tried to give our forum members the benefit of the doubt; i let people try my Helene Performance filters for free and offer a full refund if they're not happy and therefore it was probably my fault for trusting Alex and for not having insisted on full payment or a deposit for this particular deal.

regardless of the magnitude of my own role in this, i believe that it is still my prerogative to post a negative review of Alex.

he has several ads in the classifieds folder as well so hopefully my experience will serve as a warning to others who may wish to deal with him.

rant over....

cheers

Re: bad deal with CSL aka Alex

It was interesting to read Louis' post because my experience from the buyer's end with CSL was not good either. He recently advertised several items for sale, and when I called him, he would tell you one price, and when you agreed to it, he would then say that he wasn't ready to sell them. Turns out that he was trying to get higher offers from other forummers. Nothing objectionable about this if you state up front that your item on sale goes to the highest bidder. But if you commit to selling an item at a certain price, it ain't cool to back out for the sake of getting a higher price. So Louis, sorry for your loss, hope someone else snaps up your tires.

Re: bad deal with CSL aka Alex

Louis,

as with any purchase/sales done over the internet ---> be prepared to get scammed or have people back out of the deal at the very last minute

Part and parcel of business on the net. It even happens in real life (outside of the cyberworld that is) so its not all that surprising.

At least you learnt to get an initial non-refundable deposit in future.

Brandons (sorry too lazy to log in :p)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back