Bad smell coming out from air con

ali_baba

i have that problem since last week. everytime i start my car, have to stand outside for 5 min b4 i drive, it smell like urine. just send for a check & they told me my air con coil is leaking & cost $1k to replace & repairs. any1 here got this face this problem too? any good workshop to recommend & repair at a lower costs?

Re: Bad smell coming out from air con

You should seek a 2nd opinion. Try contacting Ah Cheong, mobile no. 93830011. They replaced my E60's compressor for less than $1K sometime back.

just got mine replaced by R2D.

give rodney or nadia a call. telephone number is in the sponsors section of this forum.

ali_baba , maybe the 40 thievies urine in your car.

for mine..i will smell some chemical like smell in the car at times, but it happens intermittently and while this happen, my aircon is still as cold, anyone know what that smell is?

Could still be a slow leak, better to get it checked out at a reputable aircon shop that can measure the pressure.

kenrick;907285 said:
for mine..i will smell some chemical like smell in the car at times, but it happens intermittently and while this happen, my aircon is still as cold, anyone know what that smell is?

seems to be a known problem for the bimmers. What we were told by the dealers here is that the condenser tends to get wet and hence + humid mould might form and smell comes out. One trick is to turn on your heaters to the max , and leave the air con on for 15 mins. helps to clean the smelly smell once in a while.

regards!

kenrick;907285 said:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonclubio

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back