BBK - Help Needed

Ah_Bock

Any bros out there can help?

Question 1)

Am i right to say i can basically fit any brake calipers to any car with customised brackets?

Assuming i get a set of rotors with suitable PCD for my e46.

Example: EVO or WRX Brembo Calipers with suitable Rotors to my BMW e46

Question 2)

Can I install a different brand Rotors to a different brand Caliper?

Example: Brembo Rotors to AP Calipers?

Thanks

Re: BBK - Help Needed

Question (1) is a NO.

Different brake models have different technical specs meant for the specific car models example differences in the caliper orientation (example ) ) or ( ) or ) ( ..........), the wheel clearance needed (offset for instance), the caliper mounting brackets, the rotor hats, the rotor sizes - all these even if we assume equal piston sizes.

Answer to (2) is YES, as long as caliper width is same - example 28 mm rotor from A vs 28 mm rotor from B. With same width, diameter plays a lesser part. Example - in Brembo GT series, I could swap the 355 mm rotor with the 380 mm rotor on the 6 pot caliper.....

No offence but the for Qn 1, TS is askin if any caliper can 'fit' a suitable rotor given a customised bracket, i would stil say its a yes, purely for the technical fact that it can be done. As to whether its road/track worthy, that may be a different story altogether Ya....cheers :chinese:

Ah_Bock said:
Question 1)

Am i right to say i can basically fit any brake calipers to any car with customised brackets?

Assuming i get a set of rotors with suitable PCD for my e46.

Example: EVO or WRX Brembo Calipers with suitable Rotors to my BMW e46

het said:
No offence but the for Qn 1, TS is askin if any caliper can 'fit' a suitable rotor given a customised bracket, i would stil say its a yes, purely for the technical fact that it can be done. As to whether its road/track worthy, that may be a different story altogether Ya....cheers

Read again.... "fit any brake caliper to any car with customised brackets..."

If he could fit an EVO or WRX Brembo calipers on his e46, then many of us will all be on Brembos 4/2, cause they are going for $2-3K, some freshly stripped from WRX/STI owners upgrading to 6/4.....

Question 1.

Yes, You can as I have done it before. I fitted R35 brakes onto my Evo X with customisations. I am in the process of sourcing out another set of R35 brakes for my M5 as well. :)

Good for you.

Take Brembos for instance, R35 and Evo X are both x 32 mm F x 28mm R.

WRX is either 28, 30 (1 piece) or 32 for front, 20 rear (1 piece). STI is F32/R28.

E46 is 28 or 32 front, rear is 19 (1 piece).

Would be interesting how the Evo's and WRX/STI's fit the e46.....

kenntona;653861 said:
Good for you.

Take Brembos for instance, R35 and Evo X are both x 32 mm F x 28mm R.

WRX is either 28, 30 (1 piece) or 32 for front, 20 rear (1 piece). STI is F32/R28.

E46 is 28 or 32 front, rear is 19 (1 piece).

Would be interesting how the Evo's and WRX/STI's fit the e46.....

Hi kentonna,

Abit blur now

What is all this 28,32 figure about?

Size of calipers? Width of rotors??

Thanks

Thickness of rotors.

Actually Yes n No to Qns 1....

Some models can fit some cant. U've to do some calculations / measurements to see if they can fit.

Offset can be customized by bell / hat. Design of calipers also plays a part.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
comfyspiriteddrive

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back