BBKs

TripleM

Legendary 10 Years
Hi there
for that kind of price, u can't get the main stream brands like u know..
Check out this brand called WPPro ( made in Taiwan ), BVO carries it and probaby it's closer to ur budget.

Or else check out this brand called Xcess ( featured in some HotStuff n Wheels mag ) but dunno if it makes one for BMW

Before u do it...
Why do u need to upgrade so drastically?
Ur stock brake should have enough stopping power for a 4potter unless the engine has some serious mods in it.. :roll:

Yep, doing front only shud be sufficent.

Gd Luck

Jack, I beg to differ from the opion that only changing the frt will be enuf...

Our car is on a 70 frt 30 rear setup and unless we slam on it full force, where the ABS comes on and distribute force equally, changing the frt w/o rear is just going to make the brake more bias to the frt..

It will be good if u can put some attention to the rear, like getting a slotted brakes w/o changing the size to improve the efficiency of the rear brake rather then over relying on the frt before the rear kicks into action....

ideally, thats the rite way or esle the car also dives during hard breaking at high speed..

i suppose it depends oso on how many pistons n rotor size used for the front set up..if say 2 piston, i woudnt really bother that much bout the rear..

again the scenario is for 3k budget so clearly on tight side for the rear upgrade.

you cannot assume tyre grip out of the equation.

what you want here is stopping power. The 318 brakes are quite well matched to tyre grip. The only time stopping power overwhelms tyre grip is when ABS comes on.

If you upgrade to a BBK, any brand, without upgrading your tyres, you will still have the same "braking power". ABS simply cuts in earlier.

The only true way to improve braking power is to change to a BBK and slap on semi slicks, but not many people do that.

So the only reason why you want to change to a BBK is:

1) better pedal modulation and feel, coz of multiple pistons.
2) better prevention against brake fade, coz of better efficiency of brake systems, and better outgassing.
3) possibly lighter brake kit reduces unsprung weight.

With a change in brake fluid, one can also stop better under repeated stress.

There is no improvement in BRAKING POWER simply coz tyre grip is the weak link here.

So unless you go to track, and put on some semi slicks in the process, BBK is not going to help you out here.

What you should be looking at is to change to steel-braided brake hoses, as these reduce your compliancy of hose expansion, giving you better pedal pressure to activate your brake piston.

However, BBK do give you much improved looks. And if looks is what you're going for WinnerPower Pro from taiwan will match what you want. Aggressive looks at arguably lowest prices.

As for doing up front only, on normal applications, the difference is not significant. However, drive it to the extreme, and you can physically feel the front doing all the work. It's no good for extreme braking dynamics, but these usually come on when you're doing cadence braking and treshold braking on the track. Big difference here. In this case, best is to improve the rear brake horsepower too.

I suppose 3k can get you close to a WP Pro kit, or a 2nd hand brembo. I just sold mine for under 3k.

So RB,
Ur backside itchy feeling finally sorted out? Ordered the AP?

Hmmnnnnn.....all forgot that UUC BBK is also $3k+ mah......Fully USA made somemore.....

:roll:

calipers.jpg

'The Great White'

Rite..rite...
How could I forget that too..pai-seh :silenced:

wilman2772 said:
Hmmnnnnn.....all forgot that UUC BBK is also $3k+ mah......Fully USA made somemore.....

:roll:

calipers.jpg

'The Great White'

wilson i want!
but wait let me save up first... :verysad:

Pui!! I always waiting......I'll get mine in 3 weeks time!! They freshly make 1 brand new set for me!! Woohoo :dance:

Will deliver the UUC Swaybars to you this Saturday can???

Thanks man!!

hat_front.jpg

Which color you like better???

:twisted:

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
Pui!! I always waiting......I'll get mine in 3 weeks time!! They freshly make 1 brand new set for me!! Woohoo :dance:

Will deliver the UUC Swaybars to you this Saturday can???

Thanks man!!

Which color you like better???

:twisted:

'The Great White'

this saturday sounds good buddy,
i buy you iced tea, kallang macs?

blue color! swee! :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for the inputs.

No lah. Stock engine only & its not for tracking. But I felt that there wasn't enough stopping power when you really need it - had a near miss recently when a man walked across the CTE suddenly!! :furious:

When I read the earlier replies, I went "Good info. Looks like front BBKs are good to have but may not make a significant difference" .... until Wilman posted the pics :drool:

How is the quality of UUC?
Will it work to change the front and keep the rear stock but use better brake pads on the rear?

Err ... Wilman, sorry for asking. Are you selling the UUC kits?
Ex stock or is there a lead time to import them?

NightHawk,
I'm sure you didn't slam the brakes hard enough. The 318i is very capable of locking up the wheels on hard braking until ABS kicks in.

wilman2772 said:

'The Great White'

they specially made one set of BBK for you?!
wah leow! hahaha! lucky man! :shock:

ah pui said:
wilman2772 said:

'The Great White'

they specially made one set of BBK for you?!
wah leow! hahaha! lucky man! :shock:

No lah, cos they dun keep stock on the BBKs, it's so call made to order....when U order den they'll manufacture/assemble a fresh kit.....macham like freshly baked cake from the oven!! kekekekeke :twisted:

So confirm U want the Blue yah!! Will call U to set the timing on Sat for the delivery!!

Cheers!!

'The Great White'

wah... bro, this BBK thread is giving me sleepless nites leh.... i also wan blue cap can or not? ;)

Have u guys ever thought of retro-fitting a set of STi/EVO/Skyline R34 Brembo brakes into the bimmer?

super2ndgen said:
wah... bro, this BBK thread is giving me sleepless nites leh.... i also wan blue cap can or not? ;)

Have u guys ever thought of retro-fitting a set of STi/EVO/Skyline R34 Brembo brakes into the bimmer?

Sure bro, they're only S$35 each......let me know cos I'm left with 1 blue & 3 whites...... :roll:

U mean U're entering car show w/o BBK on your ride ah? :thinking:

:naughty: :naughty:

:lol: :lol:

'The Great White'

i'm thinking of retro-fitting the Skyline R34 Gold Brembos onto my car, will re-drill the disc to PCD 120x5 from it's 114.3x5, and custom-make an adaptor to make it fit our cars, do you think it's possible?

Wilman.. i thought the cap u still owe me one? I wan blue one ler? ;)

super2ndgen said:
i'm thinking of retro-fitting the Skyline R34 Gold Brembos onto my car, will re-drill the disc to PCD 120x5 from it's 114.3x5, and custom-make an adaptor to make it fit our cars, do you think it's possible?

Wilman.. i thought the cap u still owe me one? I wan blue one ler? ;)

Oh yah hor.....will reserve 1 blue for you......U better come fast.....if not it'll be sold......kekekekeke

For brakes, dun take from other cars & mod it to fit ours!! Dun play play ah, brakes fail means dead man ah!!

My 2 cents...

'The Great White'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back