• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Be wary of unauthorized resellers

rex7_vtec

BMW.SG Admin
Hey folks, some of you may be aware that there was a recent group buy conducted in SHC (Singapore Honda Club) and the SG Evo Club. Here is the thread: http://www.sgevoclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=2993

The thread starter (group buy organiser) is an unknown person who managed to convince the members there that he was a genuine and sincere "re-seller" who would be able to get them irresistible prices for almost all the parts requested.

Police reports have been made and apparently the so called re-seller by the name of Jude has come back into the forum to taunt the already depressed and disappointed members of SHC and SG Evo Club.

We have been lucky not to have encountered a situation like this in BMW.SG. However with that being said, the Admin/Moderators can only do so much in preventing and not totally clamping down on frauds. As some of you are aware the Admin/Moderators have been detecting spam mails and fraudulent advertisings, deleting them accordingly.

Therefore BMW.SG as a whole should work together and prevent a situation like this from happening. Please do bear in mind that it may not necessarily be a group buy for brand new items. It could very much possibly be for single used items.

The Admin/Moderator group strongly advises all members here to be very careful with your transactions and dealings, especially so with vendors or re-sellers overseas.

Meanwhile, the Admin/Moderator team will work hard to sniff out all possible fraudsters attempting to pull a fast one on BMW.SG

Thanks for reading boys and girls, have a great day!

Cheers
Barry
on behalf of the Admin/Moderator group

Re: Be wary of unauthorized resellers

Thanks for the heads up...

Sorry to hear of the unpleasant outcome for the guys at SHC... how much did they lose? and what did they buy?

"A STROKE OF GENIUS" ???

More of a petty crime that preyed on trust. Nevertheless, this is a wake-up call for all forumers to be wary of transactions of any forms over the internet. Best is to meet in persons and transact.

But why were they so silly to part with cash just like that? Werent there any black n white or something?

Ahbengdriver said:
But why were they so silly to part with cash just like that? Werent there any black n white or something?
ABD, like I've said, it is based on misplaced trust.

Some of these resellers are not "tried and tested" but has managed to create an impression that they are established. The fact that no one question their credibility and trustworthiness, but instead went for a group-buy instead excerbated the situation.

Even here we have seen many new resellers emerging on top of the more established channels. I am not saying that they are fraudsters, but I am advocating more prudence in exercising better judgements in decisions like this.

See item, inspect quality, know seller, ask around, then decide. Many brother-to-brother deals turned nasty after the misplaced trust.

Rennlist had a interesting case. Promises of 2nd hand parts to clear out of garage, sports seats etc..then payment made and the guy disappeared for a while. they called the cops on him.

Even bmw-sg has had ppl flogging off 2nd hand items as 1st hand items.

Hmm... my cosuin from aus ask me to get something from SHC.. Heard that there is some GB... Now wonder if he is one of the victim...

MY FRIEND who drives a toyota wish tells me a lot of so called group buys on Wish forum turn out that the things bot in bulk were in fact more costly...ie con job

Maybe we should have some form of vetting of resellers on the BMW-Sg site certified by the administrators?

Yes we do that.

We vet through all of our sponsors and advertisers before they are allowed to post any form of advertisements.

Any unauthorized or commercial postings are removed extremely quickly. If any feels something is fishy, they can always report the particular thread using this nice red button .
report-this-post.jpg

Justice......

A 24-year-old self-employed man was arrested by Police on 21 November 2006 at about 9 am for a series of internet cheating cases involving the sale of car parts and accessories.

Police was alerted to the internet scam in late October 2006 after receiving 7 reports against the culprit for cheating. The culprit lured unsuspecting car enthusiasts in an online motoring forum into parting with their money by claiming that he was able to get bulk discounts on car parts and accessories. The victims would place orders with the culprit and make payment electronically. However, the victims never received their goods. When the victims discovered that they had been cheated, the culprit taunted them to catch him if they could.

Singapore Police Force - Media Information Centre

hahah..and i thought he was taunting all his victims that that can't trace him... i actually thought he was some kind of computer genius at evading tracing and was doing his stuff from overseas and not in SG....

Mockngbrd;158163 said:
hahah..and i thought he was taunting all his victims that that can't trace him... i actually thought he was some kind of computer genius at evading tracing and was doing his stuff from overseas and not in SG....
Either that or he may be a fan of Numbers or CSI thinking he knew all the tricks in the books......

kenntona;158162 said:
Justice......

A 24-year-old self-employed man was arrested by Police on 21 November 2006 at about 9 am for a series of internet cheating cases involving the sale of car parts and accessories.

Police was alerted to the internet scam in late October 2006 after receiving 7 reports against the culprit for cheating. The culprit lured unsuspecting car enthusiasts in an online motoring forum into parting with their money by claiming that he was able to get bulk discounts on car parts and accessories. The victims would place orders with the culprit and make payment electronically. However, the victims never received their goods. When the victims discovered that they had been cheated, the culprit taunted them to catch him if they could.

Justice has very long arms.. And I'm glad he got caught. Hope he will feel the full extent of the law riding his a**..

Now, if we can also catch the guy who is stealing our BMW roundels .........

kenntona;158162 said:
Justice......

So any idea what happened to him? Got jail terms or not?

I think there is alway the 'Good' guys and the 'Bad' guys in this world.. If not, why will police exist ?

SO it is good that the 'bad horse' has been removed...

gladto see that the police actually caught the guy. Thats why you should be very careful who you deal with over the internet... never know if the person got ulterior motive when 'selling' things to you...

killerbee21;200894 said:
I think there is alway the 'Good' guys and the 'Bad' guys in this world.. If not, why will police exist ?

SO it is good that the 'bad horse' has been removed...

police also got good police n bad police....aka internal affairs triology :uhhh:
the world aint that well defined, good can be bad, bad can be good...alot of grey area.
depends on how developed the civil service system is. at least our police dun ask for kopi money openly unlike our neighbours.....:lol2:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9betlat1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back