Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit vs KW V1

Xmen335

Hi all,

Anyone use any of these suspension setup? Kindly help feedback based on the following:
1. handling
2. street comfort
3. Any noise from the suspension..especially KW V1 coilovers
4. any problem/s encountered

I don't track, only for street use. I m driving E92 335.

Thanks! ;)

Re: Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit vs KW V1

Xmen335;980137 said:
Hi all,

Anyone use any of these suspension setup? Kindly help feedback based on the following:
1. handling
2. street comfort

Thanks! ;)

V1 abit hard........cause cant control the rebound and compression setting...
V3 best........
anyway is not about whether you track a not........is about what you want for your ride, etc etc.....
you drive the car not the car drive you....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Xmen335;980137 said:
Hi all,

1. handling
2. street comfort

Thanks! ;)

Bro why don't you find someone with V1 and try out the ride? See if you like the default dampening rate or need to get one set that is adjustable.

for B12, it is running on B8 dampers ands Eibach springs. there are 2 sets of B12. One is a Pro Kit and the other is the Sport Kit. The difference is the Eibach spring they used.

Hi guys,

I just bought a used e90 couple of months ago. Seems like the previous owner installed Bilstein in his ride. But its so low I cant really see anything except a babyblue colour front and yellow colour back.

Any way to confirm the exact model and btw hows bilstein performance in comparison to others? I cant have a benchmark as I only recently changed to E90.

Xmen335;980137 said:
Hi all,

1. handling
2. street comfort

Thanks! ;)
Looking for similar feedback on the Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit. Would appreciate any comments.

I just confirmed with a garage that my suspension is Bilstein B12. The dampening control is actually below the coilover. Overall the ride is very sturdy, cornering is very good and the height is super low.

In terms of bumpiness, I was driving a super bumpy WRX previously so I think I can accept it. But most of my friends that sat in the car tells me that it is not their optimal setting as much as their comfort is concerned. The height makes it not optimal to set it very soft also.

Brandonz;1000530 said:
I just confirmed with a garage that my suspension is Bilstein B12. The dampening control is actually below the coilover. Overall the ride is very sturdy, cornering is very good and the height is super low.

In terms of bumpiness, I was driving a super bumpy WRX previously so I think I can accept it. But most of my friends that sat in the car tells me that it is not their optimal setting as much as their comfort is concerned. The height makes it not optimal to set it very soft also.

Can post photo of how it looks with the B12 pro kit??

Thanks a million!

Brandonz;1000530 said:

Bro,
B12 don't have the dampening control leg. B12 is just the combination of B8 shock and eibach spring which the height and dampening is fixed. Maybe your setup is B16 or PSS 10.

blacktrek;1000572 said:
Bro,
B12 don't have the dampening control leg. B12 is just the combination of B8 shock and eibach spring which the height and dampening is fixed. Maybe your setup is B16 or PSS 10.

Hmh means garage tell me wrong. When i viewed the colour combi and dampending knob versus google images I thought it was pss9 or 10. But garage told me is b12

Anyone can tell me difference of those?

The garage don't know Bilstein well. Go to R2D and Rod will show you the different between each shocks.

Dampening control on a B12 ? You sure it's a B12 ?

Brandonz;1000530 said:

Red_Bean_Bun;1000592 said:
Dampening control on a B12 ? You sure it's a B12 ?

Nope. Garage told me. I really don't know. Maybe next time I jacked up the car I take some photos. It will be clearer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88comcv@

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back