Blackvue - Issues finally fixed

Red_Bean_Bun

Took my SD card out to review and was quite appalled by the blurred recordings.

So I decided to take apart my BV 400 II and took the lens out to clean.

Now its all like it was on day 1.

5 minute job.

So don't throw your BV away ..... like any camera .... it just needs a cleaning every few months.

All the issues around the heat causing the blurred recording seems to be caused by oxidation of the lens largely due to the humidity.

Also found out my internal battery was dead. And that sometimes causes the unit to be unstable. Disconnected it. Will find a replacement another day.

Now it boots up straight and functions with reliability.

Re: Blackvue - Issues finally fixed

Wow. Amazing! Cataract operation for Blackvue :). Well done, RBB!

I took the ez way out. Drive back to the installer & get it replaced.

Red_Bean_Bun;992205 said:
Took my SD card out to review and was quite appalled by the blurred recordings.

So I decided to take apart my BV 400 II and took the lens out to clean.

Now its all like it was on day 1.

5 minute job.

So don't throw your BV away ..... like any camera .... it just needs a cleaning every few months.

All the issues around the heat causing the blurred recording seems to be caused by oxidation of the lens largely due to the humidity.

Also found out my internal battery was dead. And that sometimes causes the unit to be unstable. Disconnected it. Will find a replacement another day.

Now it boots up straight and functions with reliability.

Recording 24 hrs?

Red_Bean_Bun;992308 said:
I PIed mine for KR .....so no choice DIY.
I know. That's why i pay to buy locally. By the ways, mine fogged up after 6 mths.

RBB, good tip. Thanks for posting!

After the warranty expire ..... Up to yourself to clean the lens or buy a new set. I would just do this quick maintenance as part of bringing the sd cards back for a review once in a while as a btw thing.

davidtch;992321 said:
I know. That's why i pay to buy locally. By the ways, mine fogged up after 6 mths.

Hi guys any of you have T Power C ? My Blackvue stops recording after parking abt 4 hrs. Guess the battery pack depleted. Starts recording again when door open.

Does it go into parking mode ? Perhaps the motion detector is configured to be sensitive ?

pulsar88;992418 said:
Hi guys any of you have T Power C ? My Blackvue stops recording after parking abt 4 hrs. Guess the battery pack depleted. Starts recording again when door open.

Red_Bean_Bun;992426 said:
Does it go into parking mode ? Perhaps the motion detector is configured to be sensitive ?

Yes it goes to parking mode (green color) then cutoff abt 4 hrs later. Just called Blackvue & he said must drive car for few hrs continuously to fully charge T Power C! Alternatively, disconnect & charge battery pack at home.

pulsar88;992717 said:
Yes it goes to parking mode (green color) then cutoff abt 4 hrs later. Just called Blackvue & he said must drive car for few hrs continuously to fully charge T Power C! Alternatively, disconnect & charge battery pack at home.

Same here. BV is drawing too much current for T-Power to support up to 8 hours. Just have to take it that its only a few hours before it shut down.

Disconnect battery park and charge at home??? I doubt anyone would DO that. :)

I face another problem, BV will hang with orange LED always on after the T-power battery pack is weak. Need to Reset for it to work.

Any bro here face that problem?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back