Bluetooth pairing to windows phone

lmhdex

Hi

I just bought a nokia lumia 920 phone and tried pairing it to my bmw 118i.

It shows that the phone is connected but can't get any sound when trying to play music or use the gps navigation.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Re: Bluetooth pairing to windows phone

Is this the first time you pair a phone to the same car, or you've pair another phone previously and it's working fine?

If this is first time, then in the idrive BT menu, make sure you selected "audio" to work with the phone. Depending on your car equipment level, you can typically select Phone, Additional Phone, Audio & Data.

If you used it with another phone before, then check your phone settings to make sure it allow audio streaming.

P/S: only applies to F20, if EXX, then not applicable to you

kon;951313 said:
Is this the first time you pair a phone to the same car, or you've pair another phone previously and it's working fine?

If this is first time, then in the idrive BT menu, make sure you selected "audio" to work with the phone. Depending on your car equipment level, you can typically select Phone, Additional Phone, Audio & Data.

If you used it with another phone before, then check your phone settings to make sure it allow audio streaming.

P/S: only applies to F20, if EXX, then not applicable to you

this is first time I've paired to a phone. I'm quite a noobie here. Which screen to go to select audio streaming on?

Red_Bean_Bun;951707 said:
Got check the volume ? Phone and car ?

Just confirmed its the bmw system problem. Tried on a friend's Nissan OEM audio system and it works just fine - audio playback and all.

Went back to my 118i and still no sound from playing audio. But strange thing is can make outgoing call via the phone on the steering wheel.

:|

does your car comes with A2DP bluetooth streaming functionality?

lim_ck;953626 said:
does your car comes with A2DP bluetooth streaming functionality?

You mean the A2DP streaming is not default built-in and must be requested when you buy my BMW 118i?

Must I go back to performance to request for it?

lmhdex;953905 said:
You mean the A2DP streaming is not default built-in and must be requested when you buy my BMW 118i?

Must I go back to performance to request for it?

PML selects different options for different batches of cars.
the bluetooth and music streaming are 2 different options though it utilises the same hardware.
S6NFA MUSIC-SCHNITTSTELLE FUER SMARTPHONE Music interface for Smartphone
S6NKA ANBINDUNG BLUETOOTH- UND USB-GERAET Link for Bluetooth and USB device

if you don't mind, PM me your car plate and i can check if your car comes with the option from factory.
another simple way is to use another smartphone and see if it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back