Bmw 523 & Audi A6

TEE

Hi,

I'd like to hear all comments (good & bad) on E60 523i & A6 2.4.

Which do you guys think is the better of the two in terms of reliability, handling, consumption, servicing, resale value, comfort, etc?

Anyone existing / previous owner pls comment.

Many Thanks!!

Re: Bmw 523 & Audi A6

bro, the best thing is to test drive both of the car first. Then u can feel it on ur own.
cheers!!

Just test drove the A6 on Sat. Like you, am thinking of either the 523 or the A6.

Verdict -- I would go for the A6 as I think it represents much better value overall.

It's impeccably well built, great looks, it's larger and roomier than the 523, it's got cruise control, auto rear blinds, F/R parking sensors which you can see on the MMI screen, manual rear seat blinds, 7 speed, paddle shifts, and the list of specs just goes on and on. The 523 is very basic in comparison, and is more expensive than the A6.

In terms of handling and ride, I am no expert, but my view is that it does NOT lose out to the 523. I was actually surprised by how quick the car was, and even though the steering was light, it gave me enough feedback and feel to make the drive enjoyable. And because of the use of aluminium, the weight of the car is surprising light considering how large the car is. Through the twisties at Jervois, I just had to point the car in a direction and it went - very smoothy, quick and exact.

No disrespect to the BMW, it's a great car, but if I had the $$ now, I would plonk it down in an instand for the latest A6.

I hope this thread doesnt end up like like the previous 323 vs IS250 thread

Agree with tripleM, hope they wun argue until no end.

Like wat gadaffi said, go test drive both cars and choose the one you like better. Yes there are people that will tell you that this car in good or that car handles better, but it all boils down to whether you like it or not. No point buying a car everyone likes but you don't so I think decide yourself what you like and that matters most.

My person opinion: i drove the 523i before and I like it very much. didn't drive the A6 though so not much comment on it. only think i dun like abt audi is all the front looks the same, A4-A8.

TripleM said:
I hope this thread doesnt end up like like the previous 323 vs IS250 thread
Don't think that's gonna happen here lah. It's now German vs German here and oso there's no Audi salesman here....hehehe

rodders said:
Don't think that's gonna happen here lah. It's now German vs German here and oso there's no Audi salesman here....hehehe
Ouch! :lol2: :nutkick:

TEE said:
Hi,

I'd like to hear all comments (good & bad) on E60 523i & A6 2.4.

Which do you guys think is the better of the two in terms of reliability, handling, consumption, servicing, resale value, comfort, etc?

Anyone existing / previous owner pls comment.

Many Thanks!!

Hi,

I used to own a A4. Based on my experience, the service from Premium Automobile is by far the best. Audi lose out big time in resale value but who is not nowaday. Standard things like aircon and/or plastic parts need to replaced when the car is around 3-4yrs old. Think it applies to all conti cars. After I changed the A4 suspension, I cannot tell the differences in handling between my 318 and A4. This is my personal view. Hope no one is offended.

ok here's my 2cents worth.... (since i've sat in both cars)

first of all the A6 isnt that cheap itfp... n the price differential is definitely below 10k.
space/comfort else driver n passengers (/10) A6 8/10 523 6.5/10
gadgets/finishings.... *A6 8/10 523 7/10
looks/styling.... A6 7/10 523 8/10
driver's appeal/handling.... A6 7/10 523 8/10
comsumption.... i think its abt the same
performance.... think its abt the same... but i'm bias
reliabitity.... i personally think beemers more reliable
aftersales/warranty.... *A6 8.5/10 523 6/10

however the best deal abt audi was the 7years warranty thingy which has long expired... they still offering the S line package for the audi A6... n i'm pretty sure both still offers the high loan/high trade in thingy.
front wheel drive vs rear wheel drive... again i'm bias
but ultimately it boils down to ur own personal feel... i guessed u have test drove the 2.

hope this helps...

good luck

I will pick A6 2.4 S line package.......get the A6 and 523i park side by side to compare then drive both cars for 10 mins and you will get the answer.
Forget about the FWD or RWD, unless you're talking about cars more than 250 bhp output!

The A6 has more executive looks compared to the more sportish 5er. In terms of handling, I believe the 5er will be better but finish and aftesales services, audi leave bmw far behind.
Either one u pick, u end up a winner as both cars are what lots of pple dream to drive one day.

Cheers!

I have test driven the Audi A6 2.4 in late 2005.

My thoughts on the A6:
- Its steering and handling not as nimble as the E60 523i, especially around bendy roads.
- Its V6 engine does not feel as responsive as BMW's IL6.
- But most important (to me at least) is that the A6 has a CVT tranny. I prefer the traditional Auto.
- In terms of quality of materials used, the Audi has no peer in this price range.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky88co1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back