BMW F20 116i Custom Tuned by Eurosports

slash

Read the thread calvin_wan posted last week and decided to give eurosports a call to find out more on custom tune for my car. Was previously a red tuning box and power delivery isn't the best all the time despite having a sportkat downpipe, bigger intercooler and drop in filter. Since my warranty is over, i decided to plunge the risk and let calvin custom tune it.

The day came and i went down to his shop to become the second F20 116i to be custom tuned in Singapore(Eurosports has their own 116i and obviously the first). Chat with calvin about the tune and how much power can i make and he did not promise any figures due to my car's engine mileage. He said we should just have the car baselined with all the hardware with and without piggyback.
The car was mounted into the dyno machine but damn, the dyno fan broke down. We proceed just 2 runs without fan as it's damaging to dyno without fan in my opinion.

First run without piggyback was 152whp/228wtq. (without fan)(Blue graph on dynochart)
Second run with piggyback was 168whp/274wtq. (without fan)(Green graph on dynochart)

He assured me that with his custom tune, there's definitely gain in hp/tq.So i took the dive and proceeded.
1 hour later, he flashed the custom map into the car and we had it dynoed again. Please note that a small little hole about 2-3mm need to be drilled into the main ecu hardware for flashing. The small insertion will be glued with a small aluminium plate once the tuning is done.

Third run with Eurosports Custom Tune was 191whp/285wtq.(without fan)(Not shown on dynochart)

I was pretty happy with the numbers but seriously these dyno figures are secondary because i prefer the experience to be good on the road rather than on paper. I left the shop and oh yes, it's so much drivable now. It pack a punch on the high end and more torquey/responsive for sure.

Today i went back to Eurosports to have my car dyno with the fan. Before the dyno, i told calvin if he could bring the torque forward. He gave it a thought and said he will try. Without hesitation, he took out the ecu and work on the tune again. 1 hours later, the ecu was mounted back and we had the car dynoed.

Here's the final result. I had 202whp and 317wtq(with fan)(Red graph on dynochart).

I left the workshop few hours ago a very happy customer. The mid range pull has significantly improved and the car has transformed.

View attachment 68694

This posting is purely on my recommendation for any forummers who wish to has their F20 116/118i tuned. Eurosports had custom tuned my car with a reasonable price and in return i had a more powerful car to drive.
I am not affiliated to Eurosports and is a paying customer. Please do not question me on the dynochart because it's not important at all and i only use it as a baseline reference.

Last but not least, i am monitoring my FC and will feedback if anyone is keen to know.Petrol price has been rising quiety.

View attachment 68695

Re: BMW F20 116i Custom Tuned by Eurosports

slash;1120227 said:
This posting is purely on my recommendation for any forummers who wish to has their F20 116/118i tuned.

Good write up.keep us posted on long term driving impressions and difference from the stock tune.Any idea where the maps are from ? I have a < 6 month old F20 and am quite keen on the tune vs something like the AC Schnitzer box which also offers 204 bhp ( I think ) .

204bhp on AC schnitzer piggyback is on crank, i reckon the wheel horsepower is about 160-170whp which is lesser than custom tune... :chinese:

Nice delta in hp. 50 whp increase probably means close to 60bhp at crank. N13's power unleashed.
Is this tune running on all modes - Eco/comfort/sports?

What intercooler are you running?
If you are running with the tune consistently, wanna consider upgrading the engine oil cooler too (to the 118i)

Yes, the tune drive across all modes.

Quite keen to give it a try. Mind pming me the cost?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back