BMW Portable Naviagation system

mgblks

PML's BMW 3 Series now has integrated BMW Portable Navigation system with Bluetooth.

The salesperson says that this GPS is from Garmin, but he does not know which model.

Does anyone know which Garmin model the PML is using for its BMW 3 Series?

Re: BMW Portable Naviagation system

Anyone knows where i can get the custom holder for the GPS that is in the new FL 3 series?
I have a Garmin but it comes with the suction cup holder attached to the windscreen. Would like to instal it just above the centre air con vents just like the FL E90s

mindfulness;403186 said:
Anyone knows where i can get the custom holder for the GPS that is in the new FL 3 series?
I have a Garmin but it comes with the suction cup holder attached to the windscreen. Would like to instal it just above the centre air con vents just like the FL E90s

Do a search. There was a discussion on this. Not cheap. In fact, damn ex.:furious:

mindfulness;403186 said:

Get the bean bag, cheap and good and can transfer to any car you like....

The FL 3 series is given the Nuvi 710. And I believe the entire clip and even connector(s) on it can only accept this model (ONLY) if I am not correct.

As I have an existing Nuvi 610, and the base interface cannot fit it.

Furthermore, this Nuvi 710 is attached to the car's speedometer. For example, the other day, when I tried to fiddle with the touch buttons when the car was moving... it refused me to touch them unless I stop the car!

Looks like is seems to be "fully" intergrated with the car, the car radio (bluetooth on, - car speakers etc..)

Cannot touch while driving.... Not usefully.....

Jedi R;403361 said:
Cannot touch while driving.... Not usefully.....

not true...safe mode can be switched off.

so which is better? I-drive navig or this portable piece?

also can this portable piece still detect location like the I-drive while you are underground carparks or expressway tunnels?

All Garmin products especially the portable ones in the FL 3 does not have an in-built giroscope. Thus, when entering tunnels or basement car-parks, will have it's signal "down".

My Garmin lost signal when driving through tunnel.....

Yes, definitely as it does not have a built in gyro-scope that spins and continues to "track" off-satellite movement.

Thus these garmin and many other units are small and compact. Unlike the 1 DIN type of units such as VDO etc...

Hey Ah Lian, does yours come with the GPS? Do you find it useful? Tempted to install too but find it hard to get lost in SIN leh.... :)

Yes, useful

pengful;403702 said:
Hey Ah Lian, does yours come with the GPS? Do you find it useful? Tempted to install too but find it hard to get lost in SIN leh.... :)

the SE at PML told me the portable GPS needs to be kept away while parking! kinda troublesome...

sotong;404190 said:
the SE at PML told me the portable GPS needs to be kept away while parking! kinda troublesome...

Did the SE says for what reasons? just curious...

rgds

armValkyrie;404193 said:
Did the SE says for what reasons? just curious...

rgds

she said its not safe to leave it in open view, might invite theft.

Garmin Streetpilot 7200

Extensively modded Garmin Streetpilot 7200 on a E46 318 Sports Edition 2004.

7 inch touch-screen with rear-camera video input and mp3 player.

Now looking to change my car.... since the price has dropped so drastically. Looking for a 1-year or less 520.

wah maple...swee swee.......................gong xi fa cai~ heh 523i la...the fat lady barely moves with that already...

A piece of info for those with the BMW original fitted LCD screens (on some 3 series, all 5 series, and others), you can fix a hide away interface unit to get GPS directly onto the LCD screen. Clean and original ...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back