BMWSG Pasir Gudang track day, anyone?

Re: BMWSG Pasir Gudang track day, anyone?

haha ok admin please change my nick to "Shaun not Shawn or Sean"

Harold are you sure? I guess let's see when BMWsg organizes its PG trackday. If it's too far away we can go earlier, or you can wait till then or after. Let's not have you fall into greater track-depression trying to return too soon to the drug :D

must have critical mass first then can go organise. If not it'll be too expensive for everyone. Perhaps we can start a if-got-PG-track-day-and-I-got-time-then-I-will-consider-joining-lah list. If the volume is there, its as simple as booking a suitable day and then turning up (for you guys at least)

Got interest to go list:
1. KKWY91
2. dazza
3. shan19
4.TripleM
5. Elite
6. Stanch
7. SMF president
8. Shaun not shawn or sean
9. cjc81
10. Racebred ( o )

I also envision that this is a track that many people have no experience in yet. It's really easy to pick up once you get the hang of it. Probably in 3 -5 laps. Thus for this time round it'll be advantageous for those with a good hang of PG's layout to orientate and springboard the rest of the trackkies in short order. If you're confident, then put an "o" beside your name to show that you can help out a little in orientation. We need a good ratio of orientators to orientatees, coz PG doesnt have that decent run-offs so......

if the volume gauge hits say 30-40 entries, then it's realistic to go grab a date and then we go have some fun!

anyone with gam zeng with PG? Anyone able to help get a good price for our booking? Pls let me know yeah. If not then we are stuck with published rates.

Got interest to go list:
1. KKWY91
2. dazza
3. shan19
4.TripleM
5. Elite
6. Stanch
7. SMF president (no f'ing idea about PG so will download knowledge of Shaun-not-shawn-or-sean)
9. cjc81
10. Racebred ( o )

Just a noob question: after a typical tracking session, must change to new tyres and new brake pads (stock)? Tyres quite ex.....

use finish liao then change. If still got havent finish, no need to change. Next time then change.

Got interest to go list:
1. KKWY91
2. dazza
3. shan19
4.TripleM
5. Elite
6. Stanch
7. SMF president (no f'ing idea about PG so will download knowledge of Shaun-not-shawn-or-sean)
9. cjc81
10. Racebred ( o )
11. Shem

Racebred;620144 said:
anyone with gam zeng with PG? Anyone able to help get a good price for our booking? Pls let me know yeah. If not then we are stuck with published rates.

You can try contacting the circuit manager.
Details as follows:
Mr Syed Abd. Hamid Syed Osman
HP: 016 7923550 *hope he did not change his number*

I was not involved in the negotiation on the booking rates in 2007. Try mentioning that the minisg were quoted the preferred rates. The negotiator is an ang moh driving a classic mini with paul smith design. Guess some of u guys know him personally.

Racebred;620167 said:
use finish liao then change. If still got havent finish, no need to change. Next time then change.
Thank you and noted.

Found this in youtube, hope it will raise some interest.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHERq8lf2U]YouTube - Evo 9 tracking Pasir Gudang/ Johor circuit[/ame]

heheah but Shawn.. it's only simple because he's taking it easy. 1:55 from an Evo 9 on semi slicks is far from the limit.

so let's all take it easy if we're new to the track loh!

sure can do and is best :) but all I'm saying is... the fact the one, some, many, or all take it easy at a track, does not make the track easy, boring, or one dimensional. Cos if that's the case then Nurburgring also can be defined in the same way right?

Racebred;620909 said:
see... simple simple.

I will need passenger service again... :dance:

Shaun;620911 said:
heheah but Shawn.. it's only simple because he's taking it easy. 1:55 from an Evo 9 on semi slicks is far from the limit.

see quite a bit of civic eg doing 155. but they have to work pretty hard to maintain that.
miscue some bit they drop to 157.

a few were still using street tyres for these timing, but most opt for the r888.

friend's chewed up street tyre. *after only around 5 laps.
19841_263444368860_618028860_3444317_4127119_n.jpg

evo9 on semis should do 150 flat?

I recall that I have had no visible abnormal wear on my Michelin sport cups, by driving without any slip angles at all, driving at about 7/10th, and can do about 1.56 on my "320i". My point is, if you dont overdrive, take it leisurely, you can still achieve reasonably quickish fun laps without breaking your wallet on consumables. In any case, if we dont achieve a critical mass to make this possible then we'll have to try it out at the open track days.

Shaun;620911 said:

ok self correction.. A048 is a street tire that came on the E9. A046 that came with E8s is a semi. And apparently this E9 was on Goodyear RSes. So better.. but still...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back