Brake giving out "Groaning" sound

Xmen335

Hi all,

I m driving a '08 E92 335. Recently, as I stepped the brake, when the car come to a stop, it will produce an irritating "groaning" sound, seems to come from the rear. There's no sound when I stepped the brake as long as the car doesn't stop completely.

I have checked the brake pads, they are ok.

Anyone has same experience? Hopefully can find a solution to it! Thanks all!

Re: Brake giving out "Groaning" sound

Does it sound like the Titanic's metalic creaking and groaning when it was sinking in the movie, or does it sound more like liang po po's "hoo hoo hoo"? Strangely I get the second every time after I wash my car.

Did you bed in your pads?

What about your rotors? Are they in good shape?

Maybe the hand brake pads loose?

seanskye;996167 said:
Does it sound like the Titanic's metalic creaking and groaning when it was sinking in the movie, or does it sound more like liang po po's "hoo hoo hoo"? Strangely I get the second every time after I wash my car.

You are right, sounds a little like titanic creaking and groaning.

Stock brake pads and disc...all in good condition.

Aftermarket rims? See the 6 series forum, same question.

Xmen335;996152 said:
Hi all,

I m driving a '08 E92 335. Recently, as I stepped the brake, when the car come to a stop, it will produce an irritating "groaning" sound, seems to come from the rear. There's no sound when I stepped the brake as long as the car doesn't stop completely.

I have checked the brake pads, they are ok.

Anyone has same experience? Hopefully can find a solution to it! Thanks all!

Might be the rusty drum brake sound...

My 2008 E60 also got this MUSIC!

Xmen335;996287 said:
You are right, sounds a little like titanic creaking and groaning.

Stock brake pads and disc...all in good condition.

I think it's quite common. I had the titanic groan with my stock brake pads previously. Perhaps our brakes have more "bite" than other cars. No more titanic groans when I changed them out to aftermarket pads, but I think I have mice living in the brakes now... But they are good mice lol.

If you send your ride to the site sponsors, just ask them to check for you. These people know best! I sent mine to the BMW doctor in the north. Cannot say which workshop, forum rules say one.

seanskye;996445 said:
I think it's quite common. I had the titanic groan with my stock brake pads previously. Perhaps our brakes have more "bite" than other cars. No more titanic groans when I changed them out to aftermarket pads, but I think I have mice living in the brakes now... But they are good mice lol.

If you send your ride to the site sponsors, just ask them to check for you. These people know best! I sent mine to the BMW doctor in the north. Cannot say which workshop, forum rules say one.

Not even site sponsors?

seanskye;996445 said:

Thanks for input. I will call the workshop n find out.

hmmmm.... don't hav this probm on my stock n doesn't sound usual...... keep us update.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88comcv@

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back