brake pad life span

wkit

can anyone advice the average miledge before the front and rear brake pad for e90 have to replace???
just went for my 2nd servicing and spent 800 for replacing AC filter,brake fluid and both brake pad as told by the SE. (miledge 36k)
after changing, the brake's indicator reads 35k(front) and 41k(rear)
my friends e90 now miledge 26k and his rear indicator read 50k !
how come my new brake pad is only 41k and his can still travel for another 50k even he has already done 26K???
the SE also told me i have to change my brake disc ....:ultrasho:

Re: brake pad life span

it depends alot on how u drive... anyway u can see the left over brake pad and brake disc urself or ask a mechanic outside...

ur fren might be driving like a mouse and u have been driving like u stole the car... haha :nehnehhh:

i have friend who changes brake pad every 3 months to changes brake pad like 2 years once... doesntreally depend on mileage... depends on where u travel , and how u drive...

strange thing is why a new brake pad only reads 41k when it is just newly change and a old one can be 50k??the car can tell how hard im goin to drive next meh?
but u r rite,that friend of mine really drive likr he paddle the car...

i never trust the i drive reading... best way is still to check it urself or have a mechanic to check it for u.... sometimes when workshop resets ur i drive for oil change they might accdentally reset the brake pad also... anyway no big deal... brake pads wear out u sure will know one...

not very sure but brake was working ok i think,only little bit of squeeking sound.
SA say need to change than i change lor, didnt expect the cost is double of my expectation.....heart pain actually.
but i believe the rear brake pad should be able to last for another 5 to 10k!

tks anyway for the advised :)

have u been to BVO? im thinking to let them do my future servicing instead of going back to PML and pay them for lousy service! forget abt the warranty! anyway if the car got problem they also cannot solve, only waste time goin in and out playing catching.

I think its quite ok to change pads at 36k. My E90 is coming to 3 yrs old. mileage 35k. According to the mechanic, front pads can last another 7000km, rear another 10,000km. There is significant reduction in stopping power, especially at high speeds. You definitely can feel it, need to step harder and more to slow down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back